Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madonna concert NO box office collection!

Options
  • 28-06-2004 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I was just looking at the page on ticketmaster for the Madonna at Slane gigs and I noticed that they don't offer box office collection - just post, which is pretty dear when you consider ticketmaster send their tickets 2nd class post, not even signed for delivery.

Just another way for them to skim off some more of the profits and rip us off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

A bigger shame seing as you will be ripped off twice.

The concert will be cancelled I hear.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Muck
    A bigger shame seing as you will be ripped off twice.

The concert will be cancelled I hear.

M

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Let me guess.. Planning permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

maybe no box office collection cos ticketmaster dont want to pay staff extra money for working on a sunday!!!

sure it is a sunday after all, gods day, the day of rest! no one should work on a sunday lol :D

god i hate ticketmaster 7 euro extra on a metallica ticket ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've been thinking...

There'll be no admittance to Slane town without a ticket, unless you're a resident, right? More than likely you won't get within a couple of miles of the town. So where do they put the box office? Its not like everyone will be coming from the same direction, so there's no obvious central point for the office.

Couldn't this be the reason, to save themselves the hassle associated with getting tickets to people who can't get near the place without one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by therecklessone
    I've been thinking...

There'll be no admittance to Slane town without a ticket, unless you're a resident, right? More than likely you won't get within a couple of miles of the town. So where do they put the box office? Its not like everyone will be coming from the same direction, so there's no obvious central point for the office.

They usually mean collect from a ticketmaster box office in town, like the one in the Jervis centre. That's what I usually do because I hate giving ticketmaster more money than I absolutely have to.

How can it be cancelled now when it's already got planning permission? I know the locals are really angry about it but the council don't give a **** because they're making so much money out of the slane gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Why would anyone pay that price to go see a gig, you are insane - I laugh at your disregard for the value of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by eth0_
    They usually mean collect from a ticketmaster box office in town, like the one in the Jervis centre. That's what I usually do because I hate giving ticketmaster more money than I absolutely have to.

From the help section of www.ticketmaster.ie
    Box Office Collection
    If you have selected box office collection, your tickets will be held at the venue on the day of the event. Tickets are usually available from one hour before the event, but please check the venue information page to make sure. You will need to provide your credit card and confirmation number for identification purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Davey Devil - i'm not going, I was just looking at the price and then I noticed the 'box office collection only' bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Well the licence is granted and over half the tickets sold so I don't think it will be cancelled!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

you'd want to be retarded to pay those prices to go watch a hasbeen with crap support acts on a Sunday. Loads of touts bought up tickets and tried selling them for over Eur300 a couple of weeks after they went on sale. Muppets. It won't even be close to sellout! I hope they make a loss and I hope it pisses rain all day and Madonna falls on her wrinkly old arse and loses her voice. Ok, got that off me chest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

LFCFan wrote:
    you'd want to be retarded to pay those prices to go watch a hasbeen with crap support acts on a Sunday. Loads of touts bought up tickets and tried selling them for over Eur300 a couple of weeks after they went on sale. Muppets. It won't even be close to sellout! I hope they make a loss and I hope it pisses rain all day and Madonna falls on her wrinkly old arse and loses her voice. Ok, got that off me chest :D
    Hear! Hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Well you have the choice to go or not to go!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

BrianD wrote:
    Well you have the choice to go or not to go!
    of course you do but if you choose to go you're either desperate, an idiot or too loaded to care about the cost :)

Advertisement