Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bodega, Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by -=Castaway=-
    no i am sayin that the legislation which i quoted is also covered for a list on display behind the bar, so you can go and make a complaint just to have it thrown back at you that there is one behind the bar displaying the prices, it doesnt have to be on a wall outside of the bar, all im saying.
    You do need your 16-item list immediately outside or immediately inside the entrance to the bar though, as well as (and) the behind the bar compehensive list. It's an "and" on having both lists, not an "or".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Too artificial an environment populated by wannabees. Give me Scotts or the Coal Quay anyday.

surely that's an oxymoron right there

scott's/coal quay are exactly the types of dives you'll never see me in. 40 yar old men trying to pick up young women, or the desparate single 30-year old woman who'll score with any type of farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,867 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Too artificial an environment populated by wannabees. Give me Scotts or the Coal Quay anyday.
    Yes I was being sarcastic.

Originally posted by dudara
    surely that's an oxymoron right there

scott's/coal quay are exactly the types of dives you'll never see me in. 40 yar old men trying to pick up young women, or the desparate single 30-year old woman who'll score with any type of farmer
    Wait till you're 40, single and own a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Good call sceptre!

But do I hint some bitterness?

• Advertisement

:)

Originally posted by fluffer
    Good call sceptre!

But do I hint some bitterness?
    :D

Christ no. I don't meet any of the requirements. 29, going out with a girlfriend who's far better than I deserve (rather good looking, patient, comes with own personality and came first in her MSc class, which as I pointed out to her yesterday, makes her the most hirable person I know) and no current interest in living anywhere the postman arrives after half eight. And I couldn't tell a bull from a cow without checking the undercarriage, which wouldn't do me much good as milk comes from a carton, not from a cow.

I suppose it'd be fun to drive a classy Massey to mass though, I could well go for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Why am I reading this?

Farmers? Deperate 30 year old women?

Get back on topic. I'd be very irritated if I had to ban people.

Sorry Typedef, my fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Well let that be a lesson to you.

Besides..... you don't have to be 30 to find desperate wimmen.

• Advertisement

Breaking News , The Examiner, 04/08/2004
    The Bodega Bar in Cork city announced today that it will reduce prices of all soft drinks, juices and mixers by 25% from Monday, August 9.

The Bodega also absorbed the recent price increases by breweries and did not pass them on to its customers.

“This course of action ensures that The Bodega continues to be a market leader within the industry,” said operations manager Conrad Howard.

“This move copper fastens our commitment to offering our valued customers a unique experience with service and value at its core”.

so a split will now cost E1.50 and a mixer just slightly under according to the prices Castaway posted. Still too much though, and this comment is addressed to pubs in general, not just the Bodega.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sounds as though we need a fact finding mission in Cork.....

Anyone up for beers on Saturday night !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

so a split will now cost E1.50 and a mixer just slightly under according to the prices Castaway posted. Still too much though, and this comment is addressed to pubs in general, not just the Bodega.

Yeah, their excuse was "this is what we need to charge to break even if everyone in the bar is drinking soft drinks only.". That doesn't happen though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

and where did you get that quote from?
    as i have been more involved atm with legal proceedings with the savoy,
    i doubt very much that conrad would have mentioned this so please explain where you are taking this quote from or else i would ask a mod to edit your comment, if it is in fact correct i will remove my own reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

dudara wrote:
    and this comment is addressed to pubs in general, not just the Bodega.

Maybe that's it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

I didn't think a 20 year old would be managing a pub as well as a student??

Additional Information
    Birthday:
    February 7, 1984
    History:
    havent a clue
    Daniel O Riordan
    Interests:
    counterstrike,rugby
    student

Advertisement