Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You

Options
  • 28-06-2004 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Rarely do I post here, but read often. This post deviates from the guidelines of debate; Therefore, I apologize. I do feel that this is the most apropos place for praise notwithstanding.

I just wanted to send a most appreciated, "Thank You," to all those who stood up and demonstrated Mr. Bush's entrance to Ireland.

No matter how large, or small the groups were, it was broadcast here in the US-(even here in Texas)... and your message of unhappiness was conveyed clearly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The numbers were so small you could go round and thank them personally!

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

7 o clock on a friday, sure who's fully awake by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

think everyone was all protested out. How many people have protested so far since the mess started in Iraq?

Bush was only here to get the American Irish vote. Shame his antics only alienated him further from Irish people.

Clinton treated like a rock star only down the road from where he stayed. Heck even Reagan got a nice welcome when he was here as well as Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by mike65
    The numbers were so small you could go round and thank them personally!

Mike.

I heard it was about 20,000, if so I don't think that's insignificant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Most people felt it pointless to protest because the whole area became like a miniture police/army state for the day.

The real protesting will be done later this year at the US elections and in 2007 at our own general elections.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

protests the protest organised by the swp feel ineffectualy becasue they are...

as i said one can only have one feb 15th.... otherwise protest must have a specific objective something lacking for participants, praisers and critics of the dublin firday march....

we looking for truer democracy and more reasoned hands at the helm but down in clare in one of series of protests they wre trying to stop top oil fueling military planes at shannon... a specific objective

protesting to the dail is wotrth doing maybe once but thats about it
    perhaps write the letters send the petition and serve court proceedings but at the end of day you know this ain't gonna work so you just go the heart of the problem and sort it out yourself....like the residents who block the street with bins when the council won't do anything abot speeding on the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Originally posted by chewy
    protests the protest organised by the swp feel ineffectualy becasue they are...

as i said one can only have one feb 15th.... otherwise protest must have a specific objective something lacking for participants, praisers and critics of the dublin firday march....

...I can see your words, but not your sentances.

Advertisement