Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another unlocking question......

Options
  • 28-06-2004 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

I remember reading a while back in a thread about unlocking phones, that if you request the code from the manufacturer, they have to give it to you.

Is there any basis for this. Has anyone tried this with new & expensive mobiles (e.g. Motorola v600)

Thanks
    Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

well i know few people who have do it with those sagems Myv65 camera phones and they rang the network they were locked to and got a code which they got from phones IMEI etc......but i think it depends on how much u've spent since u had sim i think its over 100e....so all you have to do is ring up and see,they wont bite.....the worst is they'll say no!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 madden

you can just keep ringing em :) afaik they keep alog of how many times you called about something , if you keep trying they will do it :)

or you can get a program on the net, search google, but be carefull if you enter the code wrong a number of times your phone needs to be reflashed (formatted) before it will work again :)

i should improve my typing accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Thanks for the replies, but I am not actually talking about asking the network for the unlock code, but rather going striaght to Motorola for it. I am just wondering what the manufacturers position on this is, as I recently obtained an unlock code for a Philips phone straight from them, whereas o2 uk (the net the phone was locked to) wanted £10 for the unlock code.

Thanks
    Brendan

Advertisement