Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do u suit your formation around your players or do u get players to suit your formati

• 28-06-2004 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭

Which do you do , base a formation around the players you have at a club , or have a set formation to you use and buy players to suit that formation .

Personnely I mainly have a formation and try and buy players to suit into it , but if I cant get the players I want without paying ridiculous prices or having to buy a less than average player because he would suit the formation I am inclined to settle for a slightly modifeid version of my formation .

So which is it for you players to suit formation or formation to suit the players .

Formation to suit players or players to suit formation ? 14 votes

Formation to suit current players
    0% 0 votes
    Buy players to suit a set formation
    28% 4 votes
    A bit of both / Im not really sure
    71% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

the best 'cheat' tactic wont work unless you have players to play in that position, if you have a great 4-4-2 tactic that has wingers crossing into the box - that tactic wont be as effective unless you have fast wingers with good crossing knocking it into the box with strikers and attatcking midfielders with good heading (and determination!)

so its a bit of both :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I nearly always play a standard 4-4-2, so i'll always have the players for it. The only time I change a formation to suit the players is when I've got a player who is ideally suited to play 'in the hole' and not centre midfield, or i've 3 top class forwards. In that case I'll go for a 4-4-2 playing ML, MR, DMC and AMC, but I usually revert back to a standard 4-4-2 once I juggle my squad around a bit.

2 strong centre backs, 2 pacey fullbacks, 2 wingers/forwards, 1 tenacious midfielder, 1 cultured midfielder, 1 playmaker forward, 1 striker... if possible, i'll always buy players who fit into that jigsaw neatly.

Still, i'll take them if they are "Worldclass" but don't quite fit exactly into my science of football ethos :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I beleive most of us have a soft spot for a certain formation and want to use it at every club /country we play as . mine is

2 strong centre backs with 2 pacey / creeative full backs kind of similiar to Kaids . DMC , AMC , AML and AML with the wingers going down to the byline(good winger is very important for me ) then 2 straight forwards .

If I find it hard to get a good DMC , or cant get one for a reasonable price , I sometimes use a more attacking formation with an MC instead of a DMC .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I buy players to suit the formation.
    However, I find most of my players are good enough to play in more than one formation, making life that little bit easier.

A lot of my midfielders can play in more than one position so I can rotate them around the place.

Every now and the though, I will fit a formation around a team, usually in matches of little importance. Like trying to play as many strikers and attacking midfielders as possible to see how many I can score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I buy players to suit the formation.
    However, I find most of my players are good enough to play in more than one formation, making life that little bit easier.

A lot of my midfielders can play in more than one position so I can rotate them around the place.
    Exactly :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement