Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny lookin' bank statement

Options
  • 28-06-2004 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just got a bank statement (current ac with BoI) and to my horror/suprise I noticed that my account was about 550 euro short!
    Yikes! I read thru the statement and I found something very odd, there was a line on the account that had a "T T" then a name I never saw in my life, he withdrew about 550 euro!

Does this mean some shyster ran off with my money ?
    And what does "T T" mean beside a transaction ?
    Can the bank get my money back or will I have to hunt down the piece of shit myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Probably a simple data entry error.
    Originally posted by Superman
    Can the bank get my money back or will I have to hunt down the piece of shit myself?
    No, it is up to the bank to justify the contents of the statement.

Do you have access to Banking 365 / 24hr banking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

yeah I got 365!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well phone 'em, they should have more details :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Originally posted by Superman
    ...what does "T T" mean beside a transaction ?...

Telegraphic Transfer = Credit transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Very suspect, get on the phone to your bank asap!!
    Actually, a few years ago when I banked with Ulster Bank (NEVER AGAIN!), about twice a month there was a few hundred being lodged and then immediately withdrawn.

I didn't notice it for a while, and then I queried it with the bank. Turned out that they had given me a recycled account number which had belonged to some man, who was using it when he came in to cash cheques!

Can you believe that! I mentioned it to AIB when I opened my account there and they were amazed and assured me they are not in the practice of recycling account numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by eth0_
    Can you believe that! I mentioned it to AIB when I opened my account there and they were amazed and assured me they are not in the practice of recycling account numbers.

Once in an idle moment AIBs numbering system intrigued me - with them you can group all your accounts under a numbering prefix eg

12345001 - cashsave
    12345002 - current
    12345003 - current no. 2 - established few months after other accounts

You often get asked your account prefix (eg 23hr banking) so it looks like the 12345 000 is only for you.. this to me gives 99999 individual account holders per sort-code which doesn't make much sense ... anyone here got any insight into this regarding how it actually works ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by parsi

You often get asked your account prefix (eg 23hr banking)

Which hour do they close?

;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Which hour do they close?

;)

Between 1 & 2 am (says he in a vague attempt to sound knowledgable)and hoping no one stays up to check)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

sorted it, bank error!
    fuckin shylocks!

Advertisement