Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro WoW Beta Sign-up Date

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Ditto that. I did apply, albeit under the guise of "Baron Von Evil".

I assume it got their attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

So, its the first of august... any word on those confirmation e-mails? Anyone get any? I'm checking my e-mails daily hoping to see on or two "You have been accepted" e-mails, but no sign :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Err well it's a sunday..

not sunday anymore, anyone get em? Drop a line when someone does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

certainly been no sign of any for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

none here either !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The sign-up period for the European Beta Test is over and thanks to you, it has been an overwhelming success. While we are in the process of selecting the first group of testers, why don't you check........

That was on the 26'th of july......dunno if i want to get picked now..the continents are unbelieveably big from what iv seen in work,i might get hooked on it and not want to stop playing :mad:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Looking for your daily fix of WoW signup news? Well there some more "we're still working on it" info now on the official page (dated the 11th):
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I think blizzard are waiting until the next patch is ready before they start the european beta. With any luck the patch should be ready this week. And dont worry if ye dont get a cd-key on the first day. they will be phasing people in over time :D

P.S. does anyone know of an Irish guild for the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pleasle

.. hows about a welsh guild?? :D muhaha

• Advertisement

next patch came and left, still no invites :( And to think we live in the "highspeed" internet world, where it takes seconds to send an email from one side of the world to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

next patch came and left, still no invites :( And to think we live in the "highspeed" internet world, where it takes seconds to send an email from one side of the world to the other.

its a disgrace that the WoW European site refuses to give any updates as to the status of the euro beta (post sign up), this is Daoc all over again, second rate europeoen roll out, also there is no european forums on the euro site, a one paragraph would do giving the reason for the delay.

Hello Alan

Whereas I cannot speak for the European beta it took about a month to get through all of our submissions and we already had a full support team for it. I'm sorry, but the beta signups for World of Warcraft European beta have come and gone, and testers are being selected from the pool of candidates who have already applied. The first wave of authentication keys for the European Closed Beta Test will be sent out to beta testers by email as soon as the selection process is completed. With these keys, testers will be able to create their accounts for the Beta Test using a Web interface that will be hosted on the official European World of Warcraft Beta Test Web sites

Unfortunately, wowtech@blizzard.com cannot provide information on the European Beta test. Our European Support division is currently being developed, and once they are available to offer assistance, they will provide email addresses on the three European support pages. Until then, you can consult the Beta FAQ pages that can be found here:

Looks like they're working on it. We can but wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

'Those little fookers won't give me my free stuff fast enough, they're so shít.'

Moaning bastards the lot of you tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

dnc.quozl ? wow old school =) Yeah you know blizzard people, it will probably take until halloween before anyone gets their cherished acceptance email, i personally aint hold my breath.... (ok i am :confused: )

Moriarty wrote:
    'Those little fookers won't give me my free stuff fast enough, they're so shít.'

Moaning bastards the lot of you tbh.
    Well, i would assume considaring all forms were sent in electronically, and could be electronically processed, the return invites could be sent electronically, and the whole process would take less than a week from the day the sign-ups ended.

Creating a database of 10 million entry forms could be easily done in less than a week on an athlon 2500+, surely they can do it much faster than that.

Ah well, we just have to admit they are inept, and wait for them to get their fingers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Perhaps they don't want to open up the european beta until they have staff to support it?

Naaah.. that's too obvious an answer. Sheeeeesh...

Moriarty wrote:
    Perhaps they don't want to open up the european beta until they have staff to support it?

Naaah.. that's too obvious an answer. Sheeeeesh...
    Yeah, it was too obvious. It was so obvious i never even thought of it. Heh heh heh, that'd definately make some sense alright. Time to go back to the infernal waiting again :( Maybe i should apply for a job...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Taken from official Euro WOW site...
    We are aware that many of you, like us, are eager for the European beta test to begin. We understand and appreciate your interest in World of Warcraft and wanted to update you on exactly where the European beta test currently stands. The European sign-ups were a huge success, thanks to you, and were much bigger than we anticipated. Hence, the process of selecting testers has taken longer than expected, but the good news is that the process is now complete.
    Over the past few weeks, our growing European teams have been striving to prepare the technical platform to support the beta test, and we are now in the final stages of implementing the required technology. It is our intention to post an announcement very soon that indicates the specific date in September when the European World of Warcraft closed beta test will start. Under the current schedule, the first wave of selected testers will be notified by e-mail a couple of days before the beta launch. Thank you for your patience, and we hope to have you playing World of Warcraft as soon as possible!

So there you have it...

Off topic, do you think the 'new' mmorpg'er will be more attacked to Alliance of Horde ? Id rather be in the Hib / Excal way of things, (Less people but higher skilled) Just a thought.

Fenix wrote:
    Off topic, do you think the 'new' mmorpg'er will be more attacked to Alliance of Horde ? Id rather be in the Hib / Excal way of things, (Less people but higher skilled) Just a thought.
    Could ya explain that a bit better, for us n00bs who've never played an mmporg.

• Advertisement

Im refering to Eruo DAoC, where it seem all the "newbie" mmorpg'ers went to Albion, followed by Midgard, and lastly the least populated Hibernia...

But when it came to RvR, Alb had bigger numbers than anyone else, but guilds from Hib (LA CF DH) and Mid (NP RG BC) always seemed to come out on top, was basically, the more experienced, higher skilled gamers, in lesser numbers, owning Alb noobs :) (in greater numbers).

With regards to WOW, i predict the mmorpg newbies going Alliance, with the kiddies (younger generation :P) going Horde...

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

If DAOC is anything to go by, the majority of people will want to go on the human side so they can have 'hawt' female toons, or pretend they're Braveheart or something..

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

It was suggested that i shoulda posted this here :D:D

European World of Warcraft Closed Beta Test Starting Later This Month!

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/

Woot

Cant wait

Misty

Fenix wrote:
    Taken from official Euro WOW site...

bla bla bla

NM Misty ;)

Was thinking much the same Teeth, so the more experienced mmorpg'er such as yourself going Horde then ? I wouldv'e liked a Nightelf, but i really couldnt stand another Albion in WOW.

-fEN

Advertisement