Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia SLI

Options
  • 28-06-2004 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Saw this linked from another forum. I wasn't sure whether to post it in games or computers but figured gamers would be most interested in it. Mods please move it if better suited to another forum
    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1728/

Still a bit away and would probably cost more than a house in Dublin but it sounds well sweet..

/me starts looking for things to sell...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Holy shizzle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The 3Dfx curse lives on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Curse? Legacy more like. Voodoo 2 owns j00.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Better news bit here:
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2097

It's not the same tech as the VooDoo2 (which was great in it's day - I have a V1 and V2), but the reliance on software to do the load balancing is going to screw it.

It's simply going to raise the bar a bit, create a new ultra-affluent-tech-fanboy level and it's no real compensation for having a medicore hardware design.

What gamer is going to spend €1000 on 2 graphics cards + the cost of the board, the chips and the over-priced DDR2 memory to go with it, to say nothing of the cooling and power supply issues you'll have.
    If nvidia release a PCIe-8x ranger of cards that sport the connector, and don't load the cost of the small bridge adapter PCB - but in fact sell pairs of cards in bundles at a reduced price to buying them seperately, they might have a winner.
    Still, it's going to cost a fortune, and isn't really as nice a way of doing things.
    Compare a VooDoo5 to a GF2 Ultra.

Advertisement