Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircom broadband special offer during summer ! beware !!

• 29-06-2004 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just ordered last week the broadband home starter from Eircom and received the router within 4 working days. The sales guy told me I'd be connected within 10 working days and the connection to the exchange would be done on the 28th of June.

Yesterday, I rang them cause I couldn't connect and they said that I can only be connected from the 12th of July because they didn't anticipate the success of the special offer :mad: :mad:.

went for Eircom cause I can't change to UTV Carrier phone, already with one.

Mmh!! I wonder how really successful was that offer since they have the 4GB cap and they're more expensive than uTV. Any comments ?

G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by gqma0
    Mmh!! I wonder how really successful was that offer since they have the 4GB cap and they're more expensive than uTV. Any comments ?
    2 of my non techy friends assumed that i'd be going with eircon for my broadband. seeing as their competitiors haven't advertised on tv, they hadn't even heard of utv/iol et al.

iol all the way tbh;
    higher cap, strings free trial and very competetive pings from what i've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

I connected up to eircom exactly 2 weeks ago. Got the router in 3 days and it said the username and password would follow under seperate cover and when I rang they said we would be connected on the 30th. Rang them yesterday to see where it was and was told that we could just work away already with username: eircom and password: broadband1.

This could have been set up for ages and I cant understand why they didn't tell us....
    grrrrrrrrr

So install the CD that came with the router and try that username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Got the same L/P but this is the default when you install the software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by tman
    iol all the way tbh;
    higher cap, strings free trial and very competetive pings from what i've heard.
    Yeah, I'm with IOL.
    I don't know why people are going with the Eircom offer, the price and size of the cap put me off straight away.
    Don't know about the differences in ping times but they're pretty low on IOL (I'm not too much into gaming but I was playing BF1942 online and it wasn't laggy so I assume that's alright ;))

Advertisement