Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an ethernet modem from UTV

• 29-06-2004 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

What a nightmare.

The line has been active since last Tuesday, they initially sent me the wrong (USB) modem. Tried to charge me €25 for this. And now, despite calling them every day I am being told there is no record of my request. All ethernet modems have to be approved by a manager.

This is a joke. Do they have any kind of CRM system in there? Just off the phone to them, and they have no record of any of this. I have given them an alternative address to send it to 3 times, and they have no record of that either.

No one seems to know whats going on. And I have a suspicion that I am speaking to the same girl, even though she claims that it was her colleague who was dealing with this.

Very very annoyed. If you are a mac user and need the ethernet modem, beware.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you find out let me know. I've the USB one and I would really like a ethernet one... Anyone want to swap? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

from personal experience, ask for managment, ask their name and deal with the same person all the time.

if u think its worth contact comreg, see what they say, the mention of comreg in any utv convo always seems to speed things up.

the fact the line is active, (its prob the free offer i assume) ur still a customer, and they are not fulfilling their obligations.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Thanks for the advice - they are now on their 4th try of getting this order right. If it's not with me within the next 2 days, then there will be trouble.

Advertisement