Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Caps from last night....

Options
  • 29-06-2004 11:17am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

...didnt come out as well as I hoped, esp when the gfx card on my laptop started giving grief (escaped back to the menu a few too many times)

Insomnia just before he made it under:

ScreenShot1.png

Hokie just before he hit the piller:

ScreenShot3.png

Bit disapointed with the shots thought I had got a few more....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Excellent work.

Jeez there's a lot more space there than I thought there was....

Hokie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

BTW all the pics end up in a folder in the install dir, no needd to paste em in to PS. They are BMP's though so you may need to re-save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

plenty of jaggies there, how does it run on your laptop?

Laptop is a 1.7 Centrino with 512mb of RAM and a Radeon 9000 (64mb)
    (http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page4.do?dau22.oid=2375&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=17&ctx1=UK&crc=224033066 804LCi).

Runs fine not as amazing gfx but more then playable. The dodgy white triangles crop up every so often in single player but only once or twice online. Everything runs smooth in game.

GFX settings are all set low and iv actually never tried bump em up any higher, might do later on when not in work.

Bigest prob I have is the **** eircom DSL line I play on. Ping never goes lower then 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Rew
    Bigest prob I have is the **** eircom DSL line I play on. Ping never goes lower then 60.
    Yes, but if when I play on a home server (Viet-Navan), it stays around the "10" mark:)
    As for the ping of 60 or so, what do you expect when playing on an over-sea's server?

• Advertisement

Over seas? I was talking about playing on Navan, turns out the 2mb DSL lines arnt good for games thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Rew
    Over seas? I was talking about playing on Navan, turns out the 2mb DSL lines arnt good for games thats all.
    Thats odd. How long have you had it for? @ the start there were two options; one for games, and one for downloading. You may have got the latter. Saying that, tho, that is no longer an option. I've got Eircom's DSL, and I usually only get a ping of 9 or 10 on Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by the_syco
    I usually only get a ping of 9 or 10 on Navan.

I hate you and your ping. 230 is soooo much better then your single and low double digits. Or so I keep telling myself. ill kill you some day .... even with my lag. Curse you IOL why do you take so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Rew

i think thats because adsl rather than radsl has interleaving turned on which kinda doubles the latency i think

while myself on eircoms radsl gets pings of around 20 on navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by Winters
    I hate you and your ping. 230 is soooo much better then your single and low double digits. Or so I keep telling myself. ill kill you some day .... even with my lag. Curse you IOL why do you take so long.

it was paticularly bad today, I was hanging around the 430 mark with the occasional jump to four figures.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i think thats because adsl rather than radsl has interleaving turned on which kinda doubles the latency i think

while myself on eircoms radsl gets pings of around 20 on navan.

Its not my line I just get access to it via a wireless link. Eircom pretty much said it was the interleaving and that the 2mb lines are busniess lines geared for web/downloading and that the 512 line would be way better for games.

Its funny that the Eicom 2mb line has huge probs with 1 or 2 peeps playing but a 2nd (Esat) 1mb line in the same place happliy support 6 or more playing.

Whats even worse is that we have a serious connection here in work but firewall blocks conections to unknown high ports...

:(

Advertisement