Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which way swing the Axe

Options
  • 29-06-2004 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

With all this bad blood about the server getting looked I was thinking maybe its time to give Cavan the chop and let it raise again phoenix like as another Vietnam server, we could use that one as a bookable public server which can be used by either of the two clans or anyone else.

what u think, dc isnt getting played quite as much as before, most people having moved on to bfv ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I dont see what the problem is to be honest.

Just like the NWN server, it gets locked for a game every now and then. The [TiG] boys always give a good game when they are on and (unlike other clans around) dont all tend to go on the one team and butcher their disorganised rabble opponents :) - had fun last night on a EAUK server against some clan called
    -=Giants=- who all went American and tore the random peeps to shreds... damn organisational skills.

They look after the server , organise the drop in games, I reckon they have every right to book the server for a night each week, and from what I hear, isnt Cavan combat still popular?

Didnt some space open up on the server recently? Perhaps that could be used as a Clan training ground? That should keep the hippies happy :) (is it easy to switch a server from one game to another as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The Indigant Gnomes are looking at renting our own server, a couple of ppl have been really into the idea, they seem to want to pay for it. :rolleyes:

For my part, I've pointed out to all that Navan is FREE and we can lock it down for a clan match or a training session every now and then when needed. Apart from those times, public peops are more than welcome as it fills out a game and makes it more enjoyable.

Anyway, anyone not in [TiG] can always just join, we love the n00bs, *slurp*.

DC looks like it's died on Cavan, another bookable server on the better box might be the ticket, leaving Navan to be the "public the whole time" dealie.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

better box sounds like a good idea, the ability to load custom maps seems to be something people are looking for as well

i'd provisionally like to book the server for TiG from mondays at 12am to sundays at 11.59pm for the forseeable future. if you could sort this out it would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ok, I'll move Cavan over to bfv this evening

we'll say from now on, its the only server to be passworded.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

So to sum up Navan is public general play and Cavan will be a bookable clan/event server?

So those of us who just want a general knock about head over to Navan?

• Advertisement

Actually, navan will be as it is now, but cavan will be running custom maps and the larger outdoors maps only.

Also it will be bookable, I'll figure out some booking system when I get a bit of time. If anyone know any good php based systems let me know.

Server is up and running, if u had admin on navan u have it cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

cheers rev

only seeing navan in ase at the moment but cavan is gone alright from 1942

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    Actually, navan will be as it is now, but cavan will be running custom maps and the larger outdoors maps only.

Also it will be bookable, I'll figure out some booking system when I get a bit of time. If anyone know any good php based systems let me know.

Server is up and running, if u had admin on navan u have it cavan.

IPs for the two are? Viet-Navan I can see in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167126

Also, when's the patch due out with server favorites (among other improvements)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Rev your a class act tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Rev,

I'd like to say thank you. Is there any possibility that one of the servers can run custom maps. There is a fantastic map called Valley Assault and another called Jungle Hunt.

They are both very good maps and it would be cool if one server could run them. I'd have no problems helping anyone without a high bandwidth connection getting hold of the maps. They are quite small at 10mb and 6mb to be honest.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fairy can you post links to them.

kdjac

You can find Valley Assault on http://www.warhungryanimals.co.uk/downloads.php and the other on www.vietnamcombat.com but its exceeded its bandwidth at the moment.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1730302#post1730302

map Pack has valley assault thats a good map doenst have the other.

kdjac

Yeah just downloaded it.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I like the reworked bf1942 map in that map pack a lot of them seem good

Advertisement