Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Especially for The FANJ: German Toilets!

• 17-05-2001 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

I don't know about you guys but I think German toilets are great! The Germans have to be the only culture in the world which gives poo high status in everyday life and culture. For example, a common friendly greeting in Germany translates into "How is your stool today?". Their fixation with poo has created geniuses like Mozart, who often fondly wrote to his brother, wishing him the best of luck by saying things like "may God sh*t on you"; then theres Martin Luther and his terrible bowel problems. Scholars believe that his monk-like diet of sausages made him constipated and grouchy and it parshly contributed to his disatisfaction with the church, hence the reformation.

It's a mature culture who makes an effort to design toilets so that when you poo, you can look at it to make sure you're eating right. Of course there's a drawback: it's difficult to tell whether your poos are floaters or not, floaters being more healthy. That's the one advantage of the other style. Still, I don't think anyone should be scared of freaked out by German toilets - they rock!

For your viewing pleasure, here is a link to info on that toilet.

Another interesting thing: American toilets have very small outlet pipes which is odd, because as the most obese nation on earth, their poos must also be the biggest and they must always be blocking the bogs with their humungus poos - I know it happened me!!

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Puking in them would be a bit nasty !!!

All that splashing back all over you !!! frown.gif

still to see someone do this !!!! biggrin.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands.
    P.S. Avator fromerly know as Gamblor !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

I agree.

Toilets are a very important part of modern culture nowadays.. I mean heres an example

In school. The toilets are so gross, that you cant possibly take a poo in them, because you'll catch Herpes or get piles. which is not nice. So i dont poo there, BUT if i did poo there, i might read some interesting things written on the back of the toilet doors, thus changing my perspective on life..

Food for thought

poo ... its faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic

RentZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Question: do you take a poo or do a poo??

I've always been confused by it all; "take a sh*t", "take a crap" - I mean, where is it being taken to?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I always say takeing a dump !!!!!

or releasing the brown trout !!!!

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands.
    P.S. Avator fromerly know as Gamblor !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DadaKopf:
    a common friendly greeting in Germany translates into "How is your stool today?"[/i</font>

not much different from 'hows it hanging', is it?

• Advertisement

poo1.jpg

See what I mean? Fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

my god this board has really gone down the toilet recently! biggrin.giftongue.gif

in relation to earlier post, i usually say "i'm goin to do a big wooden puddin" LMAO biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Eww FANJ, why did you design this.. tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

There not so bad really, but one bad experience I had with them was once, not to be too graphic, but lets just say 'it was a large one, it hit the tray but had no where to go so I had to finish the job standing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Schwarzfahren

What exactly is the original version of "How is your stool today?" I've been to germany x 3 ( Dusseldorf, Muenchen, Berlin ) and have never heard this expression, not even as a p1sstake ( pardon the pun ) Also on the subject of toilets - I rather walk halfway across campus than poo in the library toilets ( too much thinking involved in reading the philosophical graffitti and they stink ) You have to admire the Germans teutonic efficiency though! Bah Ha Ha!!

"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est"
    -Francis Bacon
    Schwarzfahren.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

DELETE THE PIC.
    IM EATING MY DINNER FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">At the other extreme, in Munich we lived in a basement suite where the water pressure was too high. Worse, the shelf was actually slightly concave, forming a shallow bowl. The first time I flushed the toilet the water came rushing through so forcefully that a small chunk of poo launched off the lip and shot out over the floor. After that we always held the lid down when we flushed. I swore you could feel a kick as the turd ricoched off the underside.</font>

hahaha, I'm still laughing loud at this biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

- Munch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Monty delete this thread! Please

Those toliets are the most fúcked up thingI have ever seen. And I've seen some crazy shít (excuse the pun). After taking, leaving doing a dump you get up and turn around to flush and there is a pile of **** starring at you. The smell and everything is just god awful. I came across these horrible things in amsterdam and to be honest I was not exactly consuming the healthiest diet over there. Whats my punishment Look at picture above and you'll get the idea. To quote Eric Carthman "Dude what the **** is wrong with german people".

Yeah, it must be a real pi$ser if you've got the squits. Poo everywhere!! Not very practical. But then, the Germans are so efficient, I bet they have some contraption to clean it up like a ScheisseKliener or something.

Look, FANJ, at least it's not one of those Turkish toilets, a bleedin' hole in the ground!

Advertisement