Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ and Autoview

• 29-06-2004 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered, but I've only jus copped that Autoview does not work on the Sky+ box.
    Before Sky+, I used autoview to record programs to my now binned Philips DVD recorder. I now have a Pioneer DVD recorder and was wondering how I was going to record to it without Autoview.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Autoview is not a function of Sky+ as it was designed to trigger your selection at a particular time and allow you to set up recordings on your VCR/DVD recorder. Why not use the recording features of the Sky+ Box and do a playout to your DVD recorder from time to time as the hard drive starts to fill up?

What you do when you have sky plus is record to it first and then copy to your video or DVD.
    You don't run out of space if you keep moving what you want to keep to your DVD or video and deleting the rest.

Auto view as such has been asimilated into the collective borg of sky plus recording-It no longer functions on it's own but as part of the collective :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by coupland
    Apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered, but I've only jus copped that Autoview does not work on the Sky+ box.
    Before Sky+, I used autoview to record programs to my now binned Philips DVD recorder. I now have a Pioneer DVD recorder and was wondering how I was going to record to it without Autoview.

Any thoughts?

I use auto view to make sure the program i want to watch at a particular time comes on and i dont forget, i find it very useful and I miss it on Sky +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just use the reminder, it will flag on screen when prog is starting

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

ok just upgraded to sky+ and this is annoying,i used to book a program to automatically come on at say 11pm go to bed where i have a tv wired to sky(only shows what is on the box downstairs) when the program i was watching finished it would automatically turn itself over to the channel i had booked to watch.please dont tell me that this is not possible to do now?

ps i no its an old thread but thought i would bump it instead of starting a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

if I cancel Sky, and hence the recording facility of my Sky box, is there anyway to get this function working again. would need it for recording on my DVD HDD recorder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

if I cancel Sky, and hence the recording facility of my Sky box, is there anyway to get this function working again. would need it for recording on my DVD HDD recorder

No.It is a permanent feature on the boxes.
    Question-why do you need autoview to record to your DVD recorder when you have Sky+? There's a copy feature on it to record stuff from your planner to a DVD recorder or VCR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

zerks wrote: »
    No.It is a permanent feature on the boxes.
    Question-why do you need autoview to record to your DVD recorder when you have Sky+? There's a copy feature on it to record stuff from your planner to a DVD recorder or VCR.

because if I cancel and use my Sky box as a FTA box it would be handy to use my DVD recorder to record that way

because if I cancel and use my Sky box as a FTA box it would be handy to use my DVD recorder to record that way

You can still use your dvd recorder with it as it stands,remember with an external recording device you can only record what you watch,the Sky+ feature allows you to watch one thing and record another.Would doing that not be a better idea as you can transfer what you want to dvd then.
    Your other option would be to buy a freesat pvr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

But without a Subscription the Sky+ and Sky HD are just tuners. No recording.

We got a sub-free Sky HD box for BBC Interactive. We use Satellite card in PC to record (playback via HDMI)

I noticed all right that the Reminder wasn't switching channel. Just a popup message. Though I have a about 9 spare sat feeds, I have the Sky HD set to use only one cable as there is nothing useful it does with two tuners without a subscription.

• Advertisement

jambofc wrote: »
    ok just upgraded to sky+ and this is annoying,i used to book a program to automatically come on at say 11pm go to bed where i have a tv wired to sky(only shows what is on the box downstairs) when the program i was watching finished it would automatically turn itself over to the channel i had booked to watch.please dont tell me that this is not possible to do now?

ps i no its an old thread but thought i would bump it instead of starting a new one.

anyone no if there is a way around what im asking?

jambofc wrote: »
    anyone no if there is a way around what im asking?

Simple answer-No.

sometimes technology forgets what people actually like and want.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

People forget. All technology is designed by Humans.

Advertisement