Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Harry Potter book !

Options
  • 29-06-2004 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Harry potter and the half blood prince

JK has already stated that this is not HP or voldemort

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by hussey
    Harry potter and the half blood prince
    Registered as an EU trademark by Warners through a subsidiary last July apparently (along with a pile of other names)

Better as a name than "Harry Potter and the Doomspell Tournament" would have been for book 4 (obviously JK Rowling has an editor who recognises a crap title on sight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Apparently it was orginally the name for book 2, and JKR hinted that book 2 has a lot of stuff that ties in with book 6....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

When is the next book due to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

This is the literature forum!!!:mad:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by RE*AC*TOR
    This is the literature forum!!!:mad:

;)
    I'm guessing you don't rate Harry Potter books? :)

I've heard that the Half Blood Prince is
    Hagrid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

How can you not like the Harry Potter books. Its a great story.

Originally posted by Micro1
    How can you not like the Harry Potter books. Its a great story.

should probably have mentioned - i'm not between the ages of 8 and 14, or a silly woman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

I did not like tha last book that much, it felt like a filler, come to think of it they all felt a bit like filler leading up to something that never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Harry Potter books are fantastic for all ages and sexes, Im a 21 year old bloke and Ive read all 5 that have been released about 3 times each.

Anyone who reckons they are crap must be to busy "being to cool" to read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I'll second that Draupnir!

Im 25 and have read all books 2 times -I think they are excellent!

Was a little disappointed with the last book though - it was dragged out a bit.

The best book by far was The Goblet of Fire - best book I have ever read!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Im 27, read alot. All types, all genres. Love Harry Potter. reactor have you read the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by Micro1
    Im 27, read alot. All types, all genres. Love Harry Potter. reactor have you read the books.

Hmmm ... I'm also 27, read alot. All types, all genres. Love Harry Potter ... eh Snap! :D

I read about a third of the first book, and felt my intellect dropping all the time. Whatever swings your boat is fine by me - i did have a smiley after my last comment - I wasn't being 100% serious....

maybe only around 95% :D

Now as Draupnir said - lets all be cool and crack open a fine Nietzsche... anyone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Dancing duck

I don't think Mr. Potter's for absolutely everyone.

I went into book 1 with an open mind, by the end I was reluctant to read book 2, but I did, and without much joy. Still convinced I was going to fall into obsession like the rest of society, I started book 3. Half way through I couldn't continue. I didn't want to know what happened and that was that.
    You can't force books to grow on you. God knows I tried.

Advertisement