Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ignition Pass Rate

Options
  • 29-06-2004 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the 'pass rate' is like for the ignition course?

As an aside grumble - Hibernian will insure me with the minimum ignition discount fully comp at €1800 (€2000 without the ignition). Axa fully comp are looking for €3200. How can that be justified??? The car's a '02 A3 with 1 years NCB. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

AFAIK there is no pass or fail as such. From what Ive heard you do the course and then you get a reduction (or not) depending on how well you did on the course.

For example you might get a 10% reduction or you might get a 40% reduction.

Not sure what the spread is like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

I did it earlier this month. When I rang in I was told €843 (down from 1600 by AXA and others) with Ignition. I took the course, got two fours (I think), everything else was grand and they insured me for €843 - don't know if my performance was good or bad, don't think they really care, unless you drive like a lunatic boy racer during Ignition course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭seaghdhas

I've a friend who did the course two or three weeks ago and failed. I didn't know you could, but apparently...

They said they couldn't fit him in again for another three months (I was told myself today there's a week or two waiting list), so he went to Quinn Direct.

And he's not that bad a driver. He's only had the full licence a month or two but I've been in the car with him giving him pointers before the test and he isn't really a bad driver. He reckons it's the couple of piercings he has and forgot to take out beforehand which the older guy testing him took up a certain way.

Advertisement