Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat/IOL Wireless

• 29-06-2004 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭

Anyone use East/IOL wireless ??

I'm looking for one of the bundled packages, but they don't seem to offer a wireless modem/router. Am I better off buying one seperately ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Andip
    Anyone use East/IOL wireless ??

I'm looking for one of the bundled packages, but they don't seem to offer a wireless modem/router. Am I better off buying one seperately ??
    Yes - though all you need is an access point, as IOL provide a router with an ethernet interface. This one will only set you back about €65.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks Ripwave,

Excuse the lack of knowledge here, but I'm presuming this unit plugs straight into the Eircom/esat socket & provides wireless connectivity or do I still have to plug this to the Esat ethernet router ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Andip
    Thanks Ripwave,

Excuse the lack of knowledge here, but I'm presuming this unit plugs straight into the Eircom/esat socket & provides wireless connectivity or do I still have to plug this to the Esat ethernet router ??
    No, it plugs into the ethernet port on the XyZEL router supplied by ESAT. An "all in one" device, with built in"modem" and wireless support will cost about €150.

Advertisement