Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting phone to pc

• 29-06-2004 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Does any know if it is possible to connect a phone with infrared to a pc that contains a wintv card that has infrared for the remote control?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

I don't know for sure, but it would depend of the IR port is dedicated to the remote control function or not. If the card makes it available to your PC as a generic IR port, you could be in luck - check your manual, and/or google.

There are USB-to-IR adapters that can do this, if the card doesn't work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, no - it's not a 'real' infra-red port that the computer can use - the WinTV one just feeds into the card and managed by the Hauppage IR Remote drivers just for use with their apps

you'd need a USB one alright (and an OS that will support it), you should also be able to pick one up from the likes of Peats or Mapplins or online e.g. mobilefun.co.uk...

last one I ordered an IrDA USB adapter from eBay and it arrived in a couple of days fromthis Hong Kong eStore seller and was pretty cheap. I used the registered post option and emailed before hand to confirm shipping etc. please note: this is not a recommendation just an fyi

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭macronot

thanks for the info - i was checking out the ir last night and discovered what your where saying that the wintv ir is a receiver only.
    The phone need to connect to a bi directional ir.

Thanks - I'm checking out data cables and usb ir dongles.

Priced a cable in a local phone shop at 70 odd Euros
    and IR devices at 50 - 60 Euros

Komplett has an ir for 20 but it out of stock

I am investigating ebay at the mo.

Advertisement