Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Da Vinci Code

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by secret_squirrel
    To be fair (Im saying that a lot!)
    Sorry secret_squirrel I wasn't attacking the book I quite liked it , as an airport read it was perfect, I didn't expect to be blown away by the book or anything like that and I get the feeling that people who attack his books are expecting something momentous.....when in reality you are only reading a thriller - come on what do you want!! I'll be looking into the Da Vinci Code on my next flight:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Lol offler dont get the idea I was defending it either. my opinion of it was close to yours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It was an interesting read to see how the story would develop/pan out but nothing more.

I think it appeals to the LCD and thats why it has become so popular.
    Worst ending I have read in a long time though, very very poor.
    Would put me off reading any of his other books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I enjoyed it the way I enjoy an action movie. The exact same criticisms are leveled at action movies but lots of people still enjoy them.

First choice genre is still Fantasy adventure rather than thriller though (but there I like David Gemell who alse doesnt write anything too complicated but is still altogether entertaining :))

David Morell for thrillers for me.

Advertisement