Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson discover a new country!

Options
  • 29-06-2004 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone else noticed this or was even annoyed by it - but when you used go to the Sony Ericsson website you're asked to choose your region and country. Up until now, Ireland wasn't on the European list of countries so I used to have to choose UK. Now I know that this is only a minor thing, but it really annoyed me, so much so that I sent an irate email to SE a few weeks ago about it.

Anyway, long story short - they've now updated it and Ireland is now back in Europe! (Sorry, I felt had to share that personal victory.:D )

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

horra!

too many business's take us to be small potatoes,

we should fight back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

but shur.. we're only part of the UK anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

good work mate.. being thinking about it... now making a mail template to send to other sites where they dont have ROI in their list!!! we need someone to kick start this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by PhoenixRising
    I sent an irate email to SE a few weeks ago about it.

i'd sent a relaxed one :) - maybe the good cop / bad cop routine cracked them ;)

they used to have the UK & Ireland, but then Ireland disappeared a while back, we are but a small market so plenty of sites just merge us in with the UK

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Originally posted by DubWireless
    i'd sent a relaxed one :) - maybe the good cop / bad cop routine cracked them ;)

LOL:D

What really annoyed me was that every other country in europe was on the list, the Belgians even had the option to choose between Flemish and French!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How about we let the companies that pay good money for their own sites to run it whatever way they like. Maybe no-one likes us and they dont want us on their sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Noticed that too.

The funny thing is that Ericsson biggest office in Europe after Sweden is.......Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

good work!that used to piss me off too

Advertisement