Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Last Weeks Gig Legally!!!

• 30-06-2004 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i think its a great idea this site, www.livemetallica.com
    the gig last week is not available but hey its up for order. does any body know if the crowd noises will be in the gig because the 2fm recording had crowd and it took away from the gig itself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Crowd noise makes a gig too, if there wasn't any crowd, it'd be a ****e gig.

I think that site is a bit too expensive too. Phish's live recordings they offer off the net are much cheaper, and you get more choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

before i get shouted at these are meant to be shared ( weird for metallica i know).
    youll get em on bittorrent a couple of hours after its released. im waiting for the download festival one and this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I thought the ones accessable through the Stanger key code site were supposed to be shared, that these pay ones were for greedy oul Lars' new ivory back scratcher and were definitely not for sharing, hence the paying for them bit?

I'm probably misguided but this is Metallica after all? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

These are soundboard recordings, that in itself makes them worth a few quid. Remember that it wasn't that long ago when you couldn't get live gigs for free, you had to trade or pay for them. And live bootlegged gigs on CD in Ireland cost upwards of €30.

My main gripe with these downloadable ones is that the mp3 quality is too low at 128k. I'd prefer VBR or at the very least 192k.

Advertisement