Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water of Coke

• 30-06-2004 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Was sent his yesterday .. thought it was kinda interesting.......

Water Or Coke ???
    Which one is the 'Real Thing' ???

We all know that water is important but you've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE
    1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
    1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or Coke?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Q3000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sigh. I really wish people would use sites like Snopes more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

i would still prefer coke, it tastes nicer and all your for and against points are Bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Actually there not my points, i was just sent them, i thought it was kinda interesting .... NO NEED TO BE SO STROPPY!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Carbonated, sugary drinks ARE bad for you, and that actually is a fact.
    I don't know how anyone can drink coke, it's so syrupy, you can really taste the ten teaspoons of sugar in each bottle - yeauch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can literally feel the plaque forming on your teeth whenever you drink it.

I drink about 3 litres at least of water a day, and I really notice a drop in mental ability and thoughts if I don't drink enough water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cant drink coke even if it is nice. But after effects are terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm quite partial to water+coke TOGETHAAAA!!! It's vg if you're a little dehydrated and love your coke like I do!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

im never drinking coke again !!!!:confused: :eek: :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

if they sold coke in small 100ml containers i would buy it as the first mouthful is always the nicest, after that it just becomes sickening, anyways i try to brush my teeth after it if i can, i saw what it did to my tooth with a filling in it :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I used to drink coke a lot but recently I changed to sparkling water and I've never looked back. Give it a try Coke fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

Thoroughly recommend this one - Nigella Lawson rates it as one of her all time favourite recipes & having tried it (the ham, not Nigella) - I have to agree Mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Originally posted by Andip
    Thoroughly recommend this one - Nigella Lawson rates it as one of her all time favourite recipes & having tried it (the ham, not Nigella) - I have to agree Mmmmm

Would it not be really sweet though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

aww coke defo , town water stinks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Water is satans piss.....most of those points against coke are total BS.:rolleyes:

Vanilla Coke is best.

CombatCow

A lot of the sweetness goes & caramelises.......

Should have said - don't use diet coke...caramelised artificial sweetener is NOT nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by tk123
    Would it not be really sweet though?
    you never tried honey glazed ham?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Originally posted by jo.king
    Was sent his yesterday .. thought it was kinda interesting.......

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

Ha!. How funny is that.... talk about being alarmist. Do people ever stop to consider the content of these emails?. As the snopes site says, none of these fact stand up to even the most rudimentary of scientific analysis. Made me laugh though.

Having said that, I am a convertee to Ms. Lawsons Coke baked ham. I can't really consider easting it any other way, and anyone I've ever cooked it for agrees.... Its not overly sweet, the coke/treacle used forms a delicious bitter/sweet caramelised crust. Hmmmmmm........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by jo.king

What a ****in waste of a steak :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Surely it's a moot point anyway seeing as you can't buy beef on the bone, including t-bone steaks, because of BSE? :p

Depends who your local butcher is....mine has no problem supplying a nice juicy T bone & i have no problem eating it

Advertisement