Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishtown - what are the broadband options?

Options
  • 30-06-2004 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm getting an apartment in Irishtown, moving in next week, and am looking to get broadband at present.

I've just been wondering about getting broadband and what are the options available.

NTL have told me there is no broadband coverage at present, but they are making big announcments on July 12 - they are not saying where their coverage is going to be extended.

Irish Broadband have said they do have coverage, but they are relaunching their services at the end of July to city-wide coverage, and thus they won't install/take any orders in the meantime.

I don't want to get a phone line to be honest, the costs are prohibitively, I don't want a landline, I just want broadband/fast internet.

Does anyone know what my options are at present? Or am I going to be waiting until the end of July?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Hi

Check out http://www.broadband.gov.ie/ for a list of broadband providers in Irishtown - there are two down for wireless, but subject to site survey etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by ciderandhavoc
    I don't want to get a phone line to be honest, the costs are prohibitively, I don't want a landline, I just want broadband/fast internet.

Does anyone know what my options are at present? Or am I going to be waiting until the end of July?
    Even if you had a phoneline, you'd be waiting until the end of July!

IBB will probably be your best bet - NTL are supposed to be announcing a 2 year plan (or some such), so even if they mention Irishtown, you're extremely unlikely to be able to get broadband from them anytime soon.

Advertisement