Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800pro BF1942 Problem

Options
  • 30-06-2004 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I have a Radeon 9800pro with the latest drivers. I patched Battlefield to 1.6. But the ground still shimmers. No lag or anything it just doesn't look right.

I play Call of Duty to and it looks great no problems at all. Are there any issues with the Radeon and Battlefield.

Thanks for any help or pointers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can yah take a pic of the shimmering?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Will do. Water looks fine its just the landscape. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Have you tried it with the older drivers?

I just downgraded my drivers for the 9800 pro because the newest ones were making Thief 3 draw some very odd shadows.

No but I will. What drivers where you using. i downloaded catalyst 4.6 from ATI. But I noticed Sapphire are using 4.5. Think I will remove 4.6 and install 4.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

im about to get powercolour x800 pro...any issues with BF that i should know about now??

what drivers would be best for hte card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

Hey all,

I have had the same problem with the screen flickering but its easy to fix.

Here do what i say !!! :cool:

Go to Desktop right click your desktop and then Properties then ADVANCED now go to 3D Then you will see

USE CUSTOM SETTINGS ENTER A TICK IN THAT BOX THEN CLICK THE BUTTON THAT SAYS CUSTOM

NOW MAKE SURE THERES " NO " TICK IN THE BOX FOR :
    ANTI-ALIASING OR ANISOTROPIC FILTERING

DEPENDING ON YOUR COMPS SPEC BUT I KEEP IT AT:
    ANTI-ALIASING = 4X
    ANISOTPROPIC = 8X

NOW GET A PROGRAM CALLED 3D MARKS TYPE IT INTO GOOGLE
    AND YOU SHOULD ALSO GET RIVA TUNER
    BASICALLY WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DONE IS CHANGED YOUR CLOCK RATE BUT BELIEVE ME IT HELPS BF ALOT

I USED TO HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM ITS A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS !!

WELL I HOPE I HELPED YOUR PROB SEE YA

YOUR'S TRULY,

JUSTIN " SINISTER747 "

Thanks sinister. I'll not get a chnce untill Monday but I'll post back to let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Sinister747
    JUSTIN " SINISTER747 "

Note the "Caps Lock" button. :)

Hey ran the bench mark http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2765600

Seems pretty low. Also used your settings and no difference . Think it might be a memory problem. I have 512MB but only arounf 300MB free using WIndows XP. Seems wrong. Going to borrow some more of a friend and try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

THat is pretty low, I get 5 or 6 thousand with my 3000+XP/9700Pro

• Advertisement

Seems I tested with AA and the other crazy setting enabled. Ran a test last night and got 6065. Added some extra ram and games don't lag at all. Still get a bit of shimmer though. Guess I'm just going to have to put up with it.

Advertisement