Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF:V regular games?

Options
  • 30-06-2004 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I was on vietnavan last night (some very good games by the way, I play as Decoy :) , just want to say, I hate Harold Loyd and that M79!! I lost count of the times he got me... and Reapers bunker storming technique is most impressive and flukey :) ).

Just wondering is there a night that more people are on the server than other times? The games later on were a lot more fun as there were more players. I find BF:V just too big for 4v4 player games - probably because I'm a bit crap at piloting stuff or hitting stuff that's being piloted.

Cambodian Incursion. Definitely my favourite map.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Tig guys are on most nights.
    Also if you're playing on navan you should really also be on teamspeak in the vietnavan channel, you get a good crowd in there as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thanks for the compliment on the bunkers (I think... ;) ). As I recall you were viscously accurate with an AK through the windows of the bunkers after I took them... He got me a few times with that M79 as well...

Hightlight of the night had to be sniping TheFairy on the bridge till I ran out of ammo :p

Im on when ever I have spare time but I uaslly get the silent treament form the girlfrind for 12 hours after....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

damn online people using different names i could have been talking about you LoLth behind your back ffs.

plyd last night and stuff.

theres usually a TiG crowd on most nights, monday is the official training night and even then the servers where usually open for other people to make up the numbers so there's a good crowd on then.

and for some reason there was a surprisingly big crowd on last saturday night.

but you'll get a half decent group on most nights at some stage or other.

and i agree that 4v4 is a bit small for nam

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I dont remember ever being sniped last night. It never happened, absolutley not, no way.

The Fairy

AKA [TiG] Information Minister

Originally posted by Rew
    Thanks for the compliment on the bunkers (I think... ;) ). As I recall you were viscously accurate with an AK through the windows of the bunkers after I took them... He got me a few times with that M79 as well...

Hightlight of the night had to be sniping TheFairy on the bridge till I ran out of ammo :p

Im on when ever I have spare time but I uaslly get the silent treament form the girlfrind for 12 hours after....

you're reaper is it, have to link these boards names to nam names, jebus

• Advertisement

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy
    I dont remember ever being sniped last night. It never happened, absolutley not, no way.

The Fairy

AKA [TiG] Information Minister

Will the TiG secret ploice be knocking on the door later to knee cap me? ;)

To be fair the USA dont stand much of a chance on that bridge, only saving grace is there are no ammo dumps near by.

Yes im Reaper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Rew

To be fair the USA dont stand much of a chance on that bridge, only saving grace is there are no ammo dumps near by.

Nah there is a way to hold it as US or take it.
    Join TIG for more details :).

Kdjac

I just mean general protection from snipers up in the 2 bunkers at the side. Far as I can tell ya need to jump in a tank/jeep and get out of there or crawl up the left side out of LOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hehe, well I've actually been on vietnavan quite a bit but I only found out recently how to change my profile from Player to something a little less.... generic :) I've been watching you from the shadows and am impressed with the degree to which you have made Dark your biatch. maybe if you're lucky I'll deign to do the same to you some day :p (I've just signed my own death warrant havent i?)

I've found that for general chaos the EA:UK servers are a laugh but if you've got any sense you tend to come in the top 3 every time. Fun to just go nuts and sprint at the enemy knowing that there is no way they can co-ordinate against you.

Picked up a pair of headphones from work (nice padded ones so they wont bruise my poor little lobes) and am d'loading TS2 as I type. So ecpect annoying questions in the near future.

Rew: I always find those slits in the bunkers make it easier to hit people. Just aim for the hole in the wall instead of the head behind it. Throw enough bullets and one is bound to hit.

Have to agree about that bridge though. Quite a few times a roll has been brought to a rather foul languaged halt as you die repeatedly seconds after spawning in.

Originally posted by LoLth
    maybe if you're lucky I'll deign to do the same to you some day :p (I've just signed my own death warrant havent i?)

lets just say you're on my knife kill list :)

• Advertisement

Yeah its hard there, you kept nailing me as I respawned. I was chatting luc via in game as my mic is broke and TS is useless.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by LoLth
    I've been watching you from the shadows and am impressed with the degree to which you have made Dark your biatch. maybe if you're lucky I'll deign to do the same to you some day :p (I've just signed my own death warrant havent i?)

Im no ones bitch! this month hasnt been great for me though :( havent seen a chopper in weeks but im doing better on the ground im going to knife you in the back of the head tonight btw :D like i did to fairy the snipeing whore

Join tig

Originally posted by bizmark

Join tig

Manpower :cool:

kdjac

lmao

Im no ones bitch

me points to sig

You did knife me in the back, that is true. What really annoyed me was the quick grope of my arse you chanced before plunging your knife in.

TheFairy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Im no ones bitch! this month hasnt been great for me though :( havent seen a chopper in weeks but im doing better on the ground im going to knife you in the back of the head tonight btw :D like i did to fairy the snipeing whore

Join tig

Ahahahaaa, my evil plan is working. With all you lot running around trying to knife me, my car15 is bound to come out on top :p

I like the subliminal advertising. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You did knife me in the back, that is true. What really annoyed me was the quick grope of my arse you chanced before plunging your knife in.

That wasnt my knife.............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Rew
    Will the TiG secret ploice be knocking on the door later to knee cap me?

You would be suprised where you would find the TiG SS. Trust me, ill never get a speeding ticket ever.

because of the fact I cant drive, we dont own the Gardaí ... yet

Originally posted by Winters
    You would be suprised where you would find the TiG SS. Trust me, ill never get a speeding ticket ever.

because of the fact I cant drive, we dont own the Gardaí ... yet

Its alright, im better with an assualt rifle in real life then BFV anyway ;)

Now where has everyone buggered off to? I was playing, stoped toi have dinner and now Cavan and Navan are like the starting scenes of 28 Days Later (ie: deserted).

• Advertisement

Portugal vs Holland

kdjac

Advertisement