Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Greek restaurants in Dublin?

• 30-06-2004 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any Greek restaurants in Dublin? I've hunted high and low to no avail, and I'm missing my souvlaki, gyros and bifteki from when I lived in Germany and the Netherlands, not to mention the Retsina!

It seems strange that in the UK and continental europe they're pretty well represented, but not here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

There is a very good one around the tower records area of grafton street but to be honest I forget its name or where it is. I was there about 3 years ago and it was excellent so I'm sure its still thriving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

There's a new turkish/greek fast food/restaurant joint a few doors down from the Epicurian Food Center. It has gyros advertised but i haven't actually tried it yet. Perhaps tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

In bray there is a place on the seafront called the "Three of idleness" wow they do great food a bit on the $$ side but if you like your food it is worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Cafe Topolis on Parliment St is potentially greek food - I forget tbh:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    In bray there is a place on the seafront called the "Three of idleness" wow they do great food a bit on the $$ side but if you like your food it is worth it :)

The Tree of Idleness closed down a while ago due to the owner retiring (I live in Bray!). Anyway it was a Cypriot restaurant with a rather bizarre menu that wasn't one thing or the other IMO.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by syke
    There is a very good one around the tower records area of grafton street but to be honest I forget its name or where it is. I was there about 3 years ago and it was excellent so I'm sure its still thriving.

Hmmm, haven't noticed it ... I'll take a closer look next time.

Originally posted by Tazz T
    There's a new turkish/greek fast food/restaurant joint a few doors down from the Epicurian Food Center. It has gyros advertised but i haven't actually tried it yet. Perhaps tomorrow.

Which entrance? To the Epicurian Food Centre, that is, there's two IIRC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by Alun
    The Tree of Idleness closed down a while ago due to the owner retiring (I live in Bray!). Anyway it was a Cypriot restaurant with a rather bizarre menu that wasn't one thing or the other IMO.

The last time i was in bray was around 2 years ago:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

It's been a while since I've been there, sad news! Yes, it was a bit bizarre, but was a fine place. I remember the sweet trolley well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Originally posted by Alun
    Which entrance? To the Epicurian Food Centre, that is, there's two IIRC?

It's not the one on Abbey St - it's the one that leads to Hapenny Bridge. Actually tried it today and it's Moroccan, not Greek or Turkish. I didn't think it was great TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

I love Greek food as well but haven't seen any Greek restaurant in Dublin. I also asked around a bit but nobody would know a place :(

Advertisement