Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are yis all doing??`

Options
  • 30-06-2004 3:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I mean, summer is here now. All the hard work is done??

Jobs, travel??

I got a job, and I hate it, so I'm going for an interview in UCI today! Woop!

And Oxegen is NEXT WEEK!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Got a job, working 2-3 days a week. Definetly need another one... only problem is that there are no others in this town. €120 a week is a joke.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, ouch. I mean you can hardly save on that and have a life.

No hope of more hours or something?

I got a job, nice and cushy 9.30 - 2.30 5 days a week. BUT its the most BORING MUNDANE [heh, Kavanagh] challengeless job EVER.

Glue, fold, glue, fold, glue, fold. New stack. Glue fold, glue fold ad infinitum

HERE I COME UCI!!

I dont care if it's boring... as long as it pays and it gives me the hours, then I'm fine with it. Right now, I'm lucky to get 2 days a week - about 14-16 hours @ €7 an hour. Definetly not any chance of getting more hours. And I'm goin away for a week at the end of July, so I can't get into any other job right now. Which basically fecks up my whole summer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Poor Subway. *pat on the back* Maybe get a loan or something of the parentals?? Hope it works out for ya.

I know! Poor me! At least I've got 2 day a week though... could be worse. Loan from parental units is not an option. Would be used as leverage all summer/year/life and another reason to keep me under their thumb. Independence is the only option from here on in (well, relative independence anyway).

• Advertisement

YEAH! Freedom for all. I know excatly what you mean. [Why'd ya think I'm going to GALWAY!!] Makes sense for you to move out I guess!!

Exactly. Now if only I could manage to get this grant and maybe a few more hours each week, then I'll be set. I've already got a few grand saved over the last few years, so I'm not gonna be homeless or anything.

Glad I don't have to worry bout you so!!

Wooooooooop for college. You still goin to NUIG?

Hope I'll be goin'... here's how it looks so far:

1 GY309 Financial Maths & Economics 480
    2 LM037 Economics & Mathematical Sciences 410
    3 GY204 Commerce (International) with Spanish 400
    4 LM073 Mechanical Engineering 415
    5 GY401 Engineering (Undenominated) 465
    6 GY101 Arts 405
    7 GY301 Science 320
    8 LM058 Financial Mathematics ???
    9 LM060 Mathematical Sciences 410
    10 GY408 Biomedical Engineering 445

So, I can get my 1st, 3rd or 5th and be going to Galway... or, more likely I'll get my second and be headin' to Limerick. Great college... but it's not Galway.

Limerick would be deadly if it wasn't suicide capital of ireland! But have fun none the less!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jesjes
    Limerick would be deadly if it wasn't suicide capital of ireland! But have fun none the less!!

I think you mean the murder capital of Ireland... "Stab City" and all that. Sounds fun though? The adrenaline rush of going off campus, "will they/wont they stab me to death tonight???". Oh, the excitement of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I plan to laze about and do practially feck all for as long as possible. And ehrm, what's that about kavanagh? That better not be about me... cus if it is... i'll.... I'LL... I WILL SO DO SOMETHING THAT... ahh to hell with it. *sits down on sofa, out of breath*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

stay on the beatin track in limerick and you won't get a beatin. (rule rite there)

i'm hopin to do ecomonics and maths sci to, UL is a great place....

Originally posted by SeanPuddin
    i'm hopin to do ecomonics and maths sci to, UL is a great place....

My second choice - should definetly get that if I don't get GY309. Only 410 points though, which can be a bad thing. Seems like a great course, and UL is great too, although it is a little far out compared to NUIG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

working in guinnesses full time :( I get up at 6:45am to get in for work 8:00 (cycling in). Where i then do my days work and come home about 5:15. All at 7.50 an hour. I won't be able to keep this up for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

im doin nothin this summer!!!

you wouldnt believe how hard it is to find a job in this part of the country...:(

had an interviev 2day... they gave me a place!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

i'm working as a labourer on a building site in Dub city. good laugh. good money. €12 something an hour. keeps me going. builds up the muscles!

Lol, I'm quitting my job, trying to find a replacment BECAUSE I got the job in my local cinema!! I'm soooooooooo happy. That should be deadly, and my mate got a job too!!

that's sounds like a good job. free movies, free food. wot's the pay like?

Don't think it's much free food. I reakon pay is bout 7-8 euro. I've wanted to work there since I was twelve so woooooooop. 12 euro an hour is better!!

• Advertisement

yeah it is, but it's harder work. ur nackered by the time your home.

Yeah, but your loaded!! Save and party when the summer is over!!

It's 7.85 according to my mate who works in another cinema. Wooop!

Wooop! The joys of barely scraping minimum wage!

Burke - your job is probably really tiring, and hard work, and just generally difficult all round - but at least you dont have to deal with the public. It seems that people are, in general, all as*holes. Especially when they're drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bunnicans

high five subway!!i know exactly what u mean,the public in general suck.i'm working in a cinema at the mo and i had a kid throw a pack of crisps at my face cause he wanted,hurt too.......right in the eye.mother thought it was hilarious and laughed heartily whilst i weighed up my options...........a)give the kid a good,hard smack b)give the mother a good hard slap.

Drunk publin/stupid kids public are annoying. most others are good. I'm a people person, could talk the hind legs off a donkey, but I can't wait to ask people if they'd like "fresh ice". Or Popcorn with their butter.

Hehe.

Originally posted by Jesjes
    Drunk publin/stupid kids public are annoying. most others are good. I'm a people person, could talk the hind legs off a donkey, but I can't wait to ask people if they'd like "fresh ice". Or Popcorn with their butter.

Just give it time JesJes... just give it time. Eventually you'll start to fantasise about scalding them with all that hot butter, or locking them in the ice machine, forever.

MMMMmmmm.... fantasising....

Nah, there is always someone to cheer ya up. People arent that bad in the UCI sure, only movies like. It's not like clothes or somethign...

I want free cinema passes from you missus!!! That and erm... free popcorn. Cus ya know, cus u can ;) Extra butter.... yummmmmeeeee

• Advertisement
Advertisement