Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan NRG BF Vietnam Server

Options
  • 30-06-2004 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Play Clan NRG On There New Server! IP 192.168.2.10:15567
    Web Site www.clannrg.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

dear god, my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

What Do Mean Your Eyes? What Are You Doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I think he means.. slightly less bright white text on would stop people from burning out their retinas and allow them to read the information :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

No way, you have 3 members. No point in asking you for a clan match.

The Fairy

Surely 192.168.2.10 is an internal Ip addres on your lan. How are we supposed to join that unless we run very long pieces of wire all over Ireland. You need to post your external IP address and if you have a router allow port forwarding so that ASE etc can see it.

Huh.

The Fairy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy
    Surely 192.168.2.10 is an internal Ip addres on your lan.

Very, very definatly a private IP...

Hmmm. General if you have a machine hosting a dedicated server behind a firewall you need to open the ports used by the game so that others can see it. I take it you have a BB connection to the cafe there.

Post the IP address on the connection to the Router, I'm pretty sure you are using one, and we should then be able to see it.

Also what sort of connection are you using. If its adsl, ie 512/128 or 512/256, then you might get away with hosting 6 to 8 people but that is about it. If its 1mb each way then you should get around 10 people on it.

I've done this and hosted small games on my machine so if you need any help let me know.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

Yeah I Have ADSL, How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Server Out? And Can You Not Ping From Your Computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by General Valdez
    Yeah I Have ADSL, How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Server Out? And Can You Not Ping From Your Computer?

D:\>ping 192.168.2.10:15567
    Unknown host 192.168.2.10:15567.

D:\>ping 192.168.2.10

Pinging 192.168.2.10 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.2.10:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Syco,

Thats his internal Ip address. If he goes to this page http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/ it will show his external address. This is the one that he needs to let people know as long as firewall and router are configured.

The Fairy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hosting a server on home DSL great idea.

kdjac

It works quite well to an extent. Some time try an low grav server or one with TeamKill switched off and use gernades or rockets to get high.

Fairy.

Advertisement