Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hate Parallel Parking?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Class!

Could do with that, I hate parallel parking, always avoid having to do it =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pah! Proves nothing. There's a bloke under the dash with periscope ;)

I notice the system puts the ownus on the driver to "Watch For Hazzards!".

Presumably when the system lets the car park without the driver and it reverses over a child you would still get done for driving without due care and attention.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Interesting project

The only viable option (for reasons such as mentioned by mike65) is the second option though imho

I'm pretty ok on parallel parking but admit that finding and correctly assessing a 5.50 meter gap to park my 5.00 meter car in and then succesfully and fluently reversing into it in one go doesn't always work out :)

I would expect this to be an option on upmarket cars, if not mainstream, within the next 3-5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Ah well, it is a final year project... I'm sure if it was going into production they'd fit a few more sensors on it to pick up straying pedestrians.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The sensors would be in place already, just a matter of adjusting the software methinks - still a bit dogy if the driver is not in control of the vehicle and the implications mike65 is suggesting

My barge has parking sensors front and back and they even bleep when a cat is within 2 feet of the vehicle when I reverse out of the drive in the morning :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement