Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JFH Released On Free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by qwertyup
    http://www.football365.com/news/story_117469.shtml

Good move? Bad move?

Reckon Chelsea will try or another striker, or persist with Gudjonsen, Mutu and Crespo

Well, he only played a handful of games for Chelsea last season and at 32 it's not likely he's going to improve as a footballer. I think a move to Celtic would be fanastic for both him and hte club.

I'd also think that Chelsea will be in the hunt for another striker after Crespo and Mutu flopped last season. Word has it, that Mutu is on the way out while Crespo will be given a chance to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hasselbaink will prolly be at Bolton next year or Celtic ,good move for celtic he is proven class.
    He was still top scorer for Chelsea last year even only playing a few games.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't want Celtic to sign him. He's not really a team player and cares more about how he's doing as an individual. Also, his wage demands would be too much. Amoroso is still my first preference and I look forward to see how he gets on with Celtic in the US (at least he accepted the trial unlike arrogant Rivaldo).

Yah lots of pros who won the world cup accept trials
    :confused:

They usually for kids or dodgy bulgarian defenders not world cup winning brazilians but Amoroso has issues atm kinda like jardels.

Wouldnt bet on him doing the job at Celtic but JFH is a goalscorer up there he would score for fun.

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Yah lots of pros who won the world cup accept trials
    :confused:

They usually for kids or dodgy bulgarian defenders not world cup winning brazilians but Amoroso has issues atm kinda like jardels.
    Amoroso was signed by Parma in 2000 for £18,000,000 but hasn't been at his best since (he was still very good for Dortmund and they said today they want to give him a second chance at the club). he was sacked by Dortmund at the start of 2004 because of off the field problems.

Rivaldo didn't have the best first season at Milan and he has hardly played a game since May 2003. Celtic are hardly going to give him a £2mil a year contract without seeing him play.

They both had problems and Amoroso seems more proven to me as he was playing regularly until January while Rivaldo hasn't been playing regularly since May 2003.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

did rivaldo sign for bolton in the end? or quatar or whatever?
    i think he lives off his reputation and big name more than anything else, i can understand what celtic did

jim could do a job in scotland i think, wages *shouldn't* be a probably considering chelsea just paid him off

Originally posted by eyerer
    did rivaldo sign for bolton in the end? or quatar or whatever?
    i think he lives off his reputation and big name more than anything else, i can understand what celtic did

jim could do a job in scotland i think, wages *shouldn't* be a probably considering chelsea just paid him off

he went to Qatar , Rivaldo with Barca and to some extent AC was superb ,worthy of World player of the year. Just Ac coach hated him so he was dropped.

JFH is a moneu hungry bastid he would want whatever he was on at Chelsea ,but hes worth it in the Premier he will score 20+ a season so with the patented *SPL Goal ratio* thats like a milion in Scotland.

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    JFH is a moneu hungry bastid he would want whatever he was on at Chelsea ,but hes worth it in the Premier he will score 20+ a season so with the patented *SPL Goal ratio* thats like a milion in Scotland.
    UEFA say 1 goal in England, Spain Italy, etc is the same as 1.5 goals in the SPL, I would agree with that. Just to put the underrated SPL into perspective. Larsson scored 30 goals in 37 SPL games last season. Thats a ratio of a goal every 1.23 matches. Larsson scored 45 goals in 75 European games which equivelent to 1 goal every 1.67 matches. 1.67/1.23 = 1.36. Therefore 1 of Larsson's goals in Europe is equal to 1.36 of his goals in the SPL. So, 1.5 SPL goals for every 1 top league goal sounds fair to me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

While all this speculation is going on , Celtic have made an offer just short of £500,000 for Nacho(man) Novo .

Novo is in talks with Celtic at the moment .

I would much rather Novo joining , he has expierence in Scotland and has proved he is a quality goal scorer despite playing for Dundee .I could see him being a good player in Europe aswell .

Celtic have ended talks with Novo. I can see Rangers signing him now.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Nova wants to got to Rangers to join up with his good pal , Kisvilia (Spelling I know !!) . Celtic have therefore pulled outta talks with him.

His club have issued a statement saying that he can pay the difference between Rangers and Celtic's offer if he wants to go to Ibrox .

Fair play to them for digging their heels in , player power is difficult for clubs to contend with. I think he has only 12 months left on his current contract though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A spokesperson for Dundee , has not ruled out Novo still going to Celtic , and has said that Celtic have not withdrawn they're often and its still on the table .

Its also good to hear that Novo cant go to Rangers unless Rangers match Celtic bid of around £500,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I don't want Celtic to sign him. He's not really a team player and cares more about how he's doing as an individual. Also, his wage demands would be too much. Amoroso is still my first preference and I look forward to see how he gets on with Celtic in the US (at least he accepted the trial unlike arrogant Rivaldo).

Is Amoroso going to Celtic? if so this wud be a great move! remember seeing him play for Dormoud in the San Siro in the UEFA Semi's!! all the ltalians going mental cause he had scored in hat trick in the first leg! funny seeing them all runnin to barriers and roarin abuse everytime he got the ball!!

I guess it is the same player?

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Is Amoroso going to Celtic? if so this wud be a great move! remember seeing him play for Dormoud in the San Siro in the UEFA Semi's!! all the ltalians going mental cause he had scored in hat trick in the first leg! funny seeing them all runnin to barriers and roarin abuse everytime he got the ball!!

I guess it is the same player?
    Yeah, thats him. He's going on tour to the US with Celtic, he had a trial a couple of months ago. Nothing signed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by qwertyup

Reckon Chelsea will try or another striker, or persist with Gudjonsen, Mutu and Crespo

Well looks like Crespo could be on his way out after failing to report back.

Don't forget they have already signed Kezman!.

Advertisement