Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing money

Options
  • 30-06-2004 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I have no idea about investing money.

What bank and what type of investment would you choose if you had 5000/6000 euro to invest in order to get a profit in the short or middle term ?

Is it possible to calculate the amount of money I would get after the period has elapsed ?

I saw that you can invest your money for 6 months, even 3 months.

Thanks for your valuable help

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Invest your money in one of the Banks in this country. They're as safe a bet as you will get and you will get a nice dividend twice a year - worth about €300- €400 with your mooted investment amoun. This is more than you will get by having the money on deposit, even with Northen Rock

They have the best account available with a rate of 2.6% for their online demand account...

Of course your shares could drop but I would confidently predict that they won't! As well as that shares are very liquid and can be sold practically whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sign up with Cahoot.com if you have a relative/friend with a UK address. On the application site just lie and say you've been at that address for three years. And bang! A rate almost twice as good as *the* best rate you'll get in Ireland for that amount of money.

Advertisement