Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Luas Pics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ooohhh, I've got to take a trippy on one of those next time I'm in Dublin.

Watch out for the following headline in a week or so, "First man was ran down today by the Luas in fistycuff fury with a tram".

:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

does anyone no when the tallaght line (red line) is open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

augustish i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

cooooolll.... good pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Slick. Looks fairly jammers though. Good pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I was on the first train to leave stephens green and the stops were almost empty and everyone got on. On the way back from Sandyford, nobody got on between sandyford and ranelagh, it was so packed.
    The First train was at around 2.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Badbonez

Originally posted by Cal67
    Just for anyone who might want a look at what all the fuss is about.

Cal

Nice pix! Thanks.

The train is very odd looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

crikey, the trams are huge. seems to be about 50% longer than the ones here in helsinki. crazy.

i did read a few places that the luas can hold 300-320 people per tram which does seem pretty excessive, did i read wrong? thanks for the pictures, good to see em.

dw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

went for a spin today. Its excellent IMO, well worth the wait (for those near a stop). Although i was waiting about 30 - 40 mins an the dundrum stop. Better than the 11 bus though!
    I've been hearing different things about the fairs. It looks like you can get into town for 90c? That right?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

looks pretty cool, but sadly being on the northside, we aint good enough for it!!!

I know there are meant to be one or two lines around this way in about 3 years, but still, thats a joke... and it looks like the metro is on ice too

I dont care if they ran over budget, what project run here doesnt? I just want to see it get into more places, which hopefully it will over time.

What is typical of the Irish way, theyre supposed to be putting tracks through the main road in Ballymun in afew years, due to the regeneration, they have dug up the roads afew times, and relayed them, all smooth and lovely... but without tracks.. which means in 2 years, theyre gonna dig up the lovely smooth roads and slap tram tracks down... stupid... I can see the point in not putting the cables up yet, but the tracks wont cause any more hastle even when theyre not being used.

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭gorm

Nice pix, shame about the passengers cluttering the trams though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by gorm
    Nice pix, shame about the passengers cluttering the trams though.

Well, it was, and is free until next Tuesday afaik. 90c fares? I heard more like €2.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

me wonderes who is gonna be first to get up and paint one...
    eiresol style...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

Was on it today, t'was nifty ww) They ran from about 1:30pm with a loada suity type ppl, but officially started public runs at 3. Got a few photos tho they're in the good ol' fashion film camera so will take a while. www.luas.ie From
    Luas service starts on Thursday 1st July at 5.30 am and runs until 00.30.
    Services will be free Thursday and through until Sunday evening. click here for more info
    The fares are available on the site too. Overall, I'm still quite impressed :) Pity it doesn't come out my way :(

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Moved to commuting/transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

deco.jpg

How long you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Giblet - I love it.

But you have to notice how the red line stops at the Hospital before it's final stop.

/Meh hears the call of " Bring out your dead"
    Originally posted by Giblet

How long you reckon?
    Friday

Cal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I dont live inside the Pale but Im well impressed with LUAS. This is defintely the way to travel and well worth the cash. luas looks really modern. Luas/Metro should be extended city wide, its money well worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by TimAy

I've been hearing different things about the fairs. It looks like you can get into town for 90c? That right?

It's about 90c just to go from Connolly station to Middle Abbey st so that doesn't sound right to me. It'll be more expensive than Dublin bus anyway. Fares are on luas.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

It is about time we got somethin like the L train or subways or somethin' I heard all the trams eventuallty end up underground in the city center so its kinda like the subway (for about 2 minutes!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I hope they put a route between the current Luas and the Dart. I live at the one point where it's too far to walk to either of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why oh why oh why did they not connect up the 2 lines??

was/is there a reason other than "cant be arsed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Originally posted by Blisterman
    I hope they put a route between the current Luas and the Dart. I live at the one point where it's too far to walk to either of them.

same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Why oh why oh why did they not connect up the 2 lines??

Politics...they hadn't the balls to take on the Dublin city Centre traders.

Advertisement