Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ah the British media do it again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ah for **** sake enough is enough , and the thing about it is it was a pefectly good decision .

any papers that posted personal detail or put a union jack up outside his home should be forced to pay compensation for what he's going trough .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

who else but that Sun newspaper :rolleyes:
    Fcukin gob****es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You can always rely on them for a laugh e.g. first question from Ray Stubbs to Peter Reid on Football Focus last week: 'So do you think we can use this exit from Euro 2004 as a springboard to winning the World Cup in 2006' :rolleyes:

Actually the gravitational pull of a rolleyes big enough to express how stupid this is would probably destroy the universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Typical The Scum newspaper. Not surprising really. Remember one of the more tasteless articles they printed after the day of Hillsbrough? "Liverpool fans rob and urinate on dead"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was watching SSN last night and a reporter was interviewing a UEFA representative about Meir's decision to disallow the goal and the abuse he's getting.

UEFA rep: "We reviewed the disallowed goal and we all unanimously agreed that it wasn't a goal."
    reporter: "So its just bad luck then?"
    UEFA rep: "Bad look for Meirs?"
    reporter: "No, bad luck for England."
    UEFA rep: *suprised* "I told you we all agreed that the goal was correctly disallowed."

It was something like that anyway. UEFA agreed that it wasn't a goal and the Sky reporter, who knew quite well what he was doing, still asked if it was just unlucky for England that the goal was disallowed. If Sky can't get over it, the tabloids and public never will.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Another gem, from Des Lynam (or some such idiot): "Rooney has become a world hero during this tournament"

They're the USA of Europe really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

What is the obsession with the English media on here?

If you don't like it don't watch it!!!!!!

The media is biased in every single country in the world why are people surprised that the English media is biased towards English people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Harry2001
    Do you want to tell us what else to watch? I couldn't live without Sky Sports news. Nobody said they didn't like it BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Harry2001
    What is the obsession with the English media on here?

The media is biased in every single country in the world why are people surprised that the English media is biased towards English people?

Were not realy giving out about the way the British media always hype up they're chances or start Roomania .(because if we were u would have every right to tell us not to watch it )

This is about the British media trying to ruin a mans life after making a correct refereeing decision .

Some newspapers have given out his phone number , fax number , pictures of his wife , put a British flag outside his home , he has received death threats (although I presume these were from fans , but u never know with paper like the sun ) , pictures of his car(with license plate I beleive ,and given out deatails of his work place .

and im sure I left out a lot of stuff aswell .

edit: and forced him to gone under police protection , because his address has been given out by the media also .and as I remember more his e-mail address asa well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Is it any wonder the English are hated so much ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Originally posted by MisterAnarchy
    Is it any wonder the English are hated so much ?

That is a bit of a generalisation....The antics of the British (i.e.English, Scottish, Welsh etc) tabloid press annoys me however I does not make me hate the English.

Advertisement