Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msft in somfin useful shocker* Game advisor*

Options
  • 30-06-2004 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Windows XP users now have a start-to-finish solution that makes it easy to find the most interesting games for your PC and determine if your PC can play them. Look at screenshots, watch trailers, try a free demo and then order the game online -- all with the knowledge that your PC is ready to play

This a very good idea and looks well done ,i tested it me can play everything :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/default.mspx

Alas an end to the "will it run threads"

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Handy thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Of course, if it's based on the developer's recommended specs, it'll be completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

judging by the results from that tool and my experience playing the games its fairly accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I prefer knowing the specs of my pc and manually comparing them with what it recommends on the side of the box. But then I'm the nerd that built my pc. Computer illiterate mothers and fathers will no doubt use it coming up to Johnnys birthday.

I tried that thing it on my work pc and as I suspected, it's lack of 3d graphics card makes running Far Cry on it unlikely.

Quelle suprise.

It can't tell me if solitaire will run or not, but sure I'm a mad bastard so I'll do it anyway.

MAD BASTARD! WHOOT! LOOK AT THOSE CARDS TURN!

• Advertisement
Advertisement