Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V525 Bluetooth Capabilities

Options
  • 30-06-2004 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I just got a new V525 and have to say I love it. I have two questions for the informed out there;

1. Does flashing the phone with the v600 software enable the video player and record functions available on the v600?

2. Is it possible to send pics and ringtones via bluetooth to other phones?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

dont think u can send stuff to other phones via bluetooth but dont quote me on that,but with regards to flashing i think it allows the v525 to play media files sent to it after flashing to V600 but ask Sleipnir he had flashed his V525 to a V600 but had problems...ok goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lodey

Hi there...

To answer your question about bluetooth then yes you can send pictures to other mobiles via it as long as they will let u pair with there phone...

Also on the flash and flex update on the phone...u can get the video playback but the record facility I am not sure...

For functions u need to look at all the different flex's out there for the V600 nad also u have to be careful as some will lock your phone to there network...

The best combo seems to be:

Flash: TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.38R )
    Flex: SE6446AXXF10F8

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Cheers lodey. How do I send the pics once I pair the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

you dont really have to pair the phones first. just go to the pick you want to send, go to options then "move" and then "look for devices". make sure you have bluetooth turned on on the other phone and just accept the picture, there ya go, enjoy some bluetoothin!

Cheers mate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

just an fyi, Bluetooth has to be both on and set to visible / shown to all (i.e. not hidden) on the phone you are trying to send items to...

if you pair the two devices then even if the other phone is set to hidden you should still be able to send it items when Bluetooth is on

BrianG

Yeah tried it earlier with my friend's T610 and it worked a treat.

Cheers lads.

Advertisement