Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virus,need help

• 01-07-2004 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

hey i have a virus on my pc,
    its running prgrams entitled lsass.exe,lsac.exe,svchost.exe and causing my pc to restart.
    Ive tried all the windows update patches and a few bug scanning prgrams and theyve helped but the problem is still there.
    Would downloading the latest windows service pack help?(i havent been arsed because its so big)
    Somebody please help me

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Those are all Windows applications, nothing to do with a virus.
    Couldn't be bothered replying to your multi-post.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

your probally have blaster or that other that was around recently
    I would suggest you go to the symantec web site and down load the virus removal tools there
    go to the MS web site and download the hotfixes

The programs you listed are valid windows apps and are probally ok

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Funnily enough, I think i have the same thing at the moment.

My windows updates are up to date, and i'm also running both Norton and Symantec antivirus with full updates, and yet I can't get the damn thing to stop counting down.

I have also downloaded the removal tool, but it didn't detect anything.

Crazy or what

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by Garth_Vader
    hey i have a virus on my pc,
    its running prgrams entitled lsass.exe,lsac.exe,svchost.exe and causing my pc to restart.
    Ive tried all the windows update patches and a few bug scanning prgrams and theyve helped but the problem is still there.
    Would downloading the latest windows service pack help?(i havent been arsed because its so big)
    Somebody please help me
    [Translate]Hey I can view boards - but haven't looked at the stickies or recent threads on viruses[/translate]

Out of curiousity I'd like to know where you got the idea that a service pack can fix viruses ? - if you stopped to think about it for 0.4 seconds (eyeblink) ALL of the antiv-virus companies would have gone bust by now..

Advertisement