Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPS number for children?

Options
  • 01-07-2004 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Where do you get a PPS number for a new baby?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

WTF?
    As in the number you get when you turn 16?
    To pay TAX, gain benefits etc?

S. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Your local social welfare office. According to this they're the only people who can issue one. The DoSFA (what an appropriate abbreviation) number is (01) 704 3236.

If it's for immunisation of a child you have, you use yours.

(now see the way I didn't ask the obvious nosey question there?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by sceptre
    Your local social welfare office. According to this they're the only people who can issue one. The DoSFA (what an appropriate abbreviation) number is (01) 704 3236.

Thanks.

BTW you need it for some medical things like the family drug payment scheme etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Thanks.

BTW you need it for some medical things like the family drug payment scheme etc.

True, but still isn't that only when your over 16.

Originally posted by Boston
    True, but still isn't that only when your over 16.

TBH I dunno. I can never get the SW office on the phone. They simply never pick up the ****** phone.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sceptre

Actually I got through to those guys straight away. Apparently if you get child benefit then the child automatically gets issued a number by that crowd in Kilkenny. The DoSFA guys could find that number in the system so all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Drug payment scheme applies to all ages.....sadly

My 1 year old recently got a touch of bronchitis & it cost us nearly €100 for medicines & inhaler.

My 3 year old fractured her arm & the hospital sent us a bill for €50 !!

Only in Ireland

Our baby had to visit the GP three or four times over the past couple of months and each time we ended seeing a different doc covering for another one. Which meant we got charged 45 each time. Soon adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The PPSN is being used to (a) track benefits (b) track every state interaction with about 16,000 children for the next 20 years for a study on deprivation / education / health employment / crime / etc.

Originally posted by Victor
    The PPSN is being used to (a) track benefits (b) track every state interaction with about 16,000 children for the next 20 years for a study on deprivation / education / health employment / crime / etc.

Do ypu have a link to more info on that Victor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thanks Victor.

You never really think that theres people do all that kinda work do you. Be interesting to see analysis of stats on the population.

Advertisement