Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Happened to TCC

• 01-07-2004 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

I always wondered what happened to TCC after NTL replaced it with Nickleodeon, and if it's still around.
    I'm sure a lot of people here would like to know what happened to it. Here's what I recently heard happened.
    It was losing ratings on it's kids oriented programs, but it's more teen oriented programs were succesful, so it decided to change it's focus from kids to teenagers. Since it's name stood for the childrens channel, it renamed itself Trouble, which is on sky digital.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i would also like to know what happened it.

god i miss that show pugwall :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

TCC was good, but they showed the same episodes of Flash gordon, and cadillac and dinosoars over and over.. It was good but it was a bit boring for a kids show!!!

Oh and I won a TCC mug from them in a competition, you e-mailed them the answer, and it was picked out at random, I just e-mail bombed them, lol :p

Also another brilliant toy which is gone but sould not have, are the legandary pogz, with the slammer whammers and the arguements over where we playing keepies or not, -sighs- aww good times, good times.

Any other suggestions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Ahhh the good old days of TCC...it was moved to the Bravo channel and then it was the first channel I realised that was turning into a shoit teen station.Im amazed I can remeber that but the repeats are what must of brought them back..but nickelodeon is getting far worse than TCC was.
    I dont know what happened to TCC after it went to bravo other than what I said above but Im sure it was a load of balloks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I remember Degrassi Junior High and the trendier Heart Break High.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It used to be cool for your Saturday morning fix as their cartoons were pretty good. However, as its audience grew, so did the shows (remember way, way back when TCC catered only to preschoolers?). They began showing teen comedies/dramas ad nauseum, while the animated shows were faded out of the limelight. I hated those shows, so I stopped watching TCC. Then one day I switched on the tube and Nickelodeon was there (which I began to hate aswell). As far as I remember, TCC was renamed Trouble (which is still running on cable) and was replaced by Nickelodeon in the NTL package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That's what i said. Did anyone read my first post? The title isn't what happened to TCC? It's what happened to TCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

i think it became known as the 'Trouble' channel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hahaha, apparently they don't listen Blisterman. Yep, I think your hypothesis is correct from what I know :).

Nickelodeon has become even worse now for repeats - I'd urge NTL to switch to Fox Kids or something better, sharp-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Ahhh, brings back memories of this thread

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

afaik all the teen programs went to trouble, while tcc brodcasted also for a year or so, then one weekend while i was away with the cub scouts, nick appeared on our number 9 on our television at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I loved TCC, I remember when it went from being "The Children's Channel" to simply "TCC" and everything. Anyone remember the ad for it that looked very like the cereal ad with the nine boxes each box having ingredient like grapes/walnuts/bran etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Does anyone remember the short clips in between shows on TCC, I vaugely remember something yellow and a piano? It was a cartoon, I'm pretty sure of that. This has been bugging me for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Could I draw peoples attention to this thread....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145480

we never did figure out what that TCC cartoon was with the blue kid on the flying surf board...

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ok, not sure if this is accurate, but apparantly, TCC was owned by Flextech(They own Challenge, Bravo, LivingTV, FTN & Trouble) and I think it was just a matter of cutting out TCC to make Trouble & Bravo broadcast from morning to night. Because Earthworm Jim(Remember that?) used to be on TCC, but then they were adveritsing for 2 weeks before TCC's demise that it would be replaced by Trouble and i remember that earthworm jim was on trouble for a few months after the demise so they must've just axed TCC to evole Trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

was trying to remember what their morning show was called................ Roustabout!!!

tell me somone remembers this!? a guy with dark curly hair and a blonde girl presented it. anyone remember when they did a show from stephen's green??

they cut the footage into the opening titles and i remember seeing myself.

im not insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

And remember sophie socket? she used to fix the ratkan rocket

and she always had something in her pocket

can ya guess what it was?

... a smile :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

She had a mile in her pocket?

I find that very hard to believe....she'd have to have that operation that Prince had.......

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Ahh TCC was great... the beat cartoon on it was Botsmaster Anyone remember it was cool, "its Lazer time boys" i sent away to TCC for the 3D glasses and when i got them it made Botsmaster viewing even better ahh it was sooo cool. :p:p:p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

yeah, i had the 3d glasses...

they were 1337!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

You knew the time was up for TCC when they showed The 60's Batman series over and over.
    My fave programmes were Bravestar, Cops, Galaxy High.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

ah tcc! good old days!! this should explain all:

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/otherchannels/childrenschannel.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Speak of thwe Devil(aka TCC) I seen a young lad wearing a t-shirt with the TCC logo the other day!

Strange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone else send in stuff to them??

Got myself a Bubble Watch :p

Great channel! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Axel wrote:
    Anyone else send in stuff to them??

Does anyone remember 'risk a crisp' on the Steve and Danny show??
    the idea was to send a crisp in the post and if it arrived unbroken, you got a huge box of Smiths crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

I rememeber before it disappeared from ntl, they used to show a lot of denis the menace and art attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

why dont ya try ring them and see what really happened the number used to be 0990-561-002 i only remember this as one christmas the had the number in a christmas jingle and it has stuck in my head ever since
    Brock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

the number used to be 0990-561-002...

Don't waste you're phone call. 0990 numbers stopped working a few years back ;)

Advertisement