Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had my first game on navan

Options
  • 01-07-2004 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Well as the title suggests, i had my first game on vietnavan last night, and first impressions are pretty good. Seems like a good crowd there, tho i logged on late, just as most ppl were leaving. The lag that killed my game on most other servers was gone, but did rear its ugly head on a few occasions. Mostly when several choppers were in one location, all playing that stupid vehicle music. Its a good idea in theory, but ive noticed it tends to increase lag. Maybe there should be some kind of server command to turn it off altogether?
    Anyway..err..sorry theres not much point tot his, but just wanted to say hi and look forward to playin on navan again

AKA an1m4l :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

good good, check out cavan combat as well to see if people are on that, apparently its a higher specced machine and people thought the game was real smooth on it last night

data

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Hey DW,

Welcome along. Glad you enjoyed your first trip to Navan. I think I got a frag in there at one stage. (Doesn't happen much so I tend to remember them...) Yeah, i'm fairly new around here still, but they're a great crowd. Stick around...

[edit] sh1t. in-game I go by Hokie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Ah hokie, i remember you now. I also remember fragging/being fragged by you *L* Yeah, tis a good server, im more used to big 20 on 20 bf1942 matches so the smaller scale navan matches are a nice change. plan on sticking around at least til bf2 is out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    check out cavan combat as well to see if people are on that

data
    Is it cavan combat that is going to be playing the new map packs?
    If so does that mean that the other one navan is going to be the original macoy?:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

I believe so.
    Navan is as it should be, a free public server for all.
    Cavan can be locked, maps changed, clan matches hosted and practice sessions...err...practiced....and stuff.

If Rev's watching, cheers Rev.
    The service is so top knotch we recommend it to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Had my first game there earlier tonight (tuesday), very good fun and also very playable [very low pings] and will def be back on next time i see its populated. I even did well in a few maps [couple 4ths and a third] though my deaths were always as high as my kills (stupid unreal mentality).

Noticed quite a few boarders there as well and a few i didn't recognise.

See ye back in there soon!!

Aka Balkie

Ps: Next time Dataisgod (and your aimbot :p) please let me live a bit longer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Good to see some new players in there. Navan is live most nights and even during the day. Cavan has a custom map pack that can be downloaded easyily. If you havent got BB ask one of the regulars and we will stick it on a cd and send it to ya.

The Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

thx mate but i got bb:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

deadwing, you were laggin in other servers with broadband? I am getting broadband soon for games and I was under the impression that my lagging days were nearly over? what type of lag is it? ..... sorry I'm not really a computer whizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The net code in bfv isnt the best, after the last patch the game seemed to INCREASE in lag, but im glad to say its rare on navan that you get bad lag, been havin sweet pings since i started playing there :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement