Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chips In Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Originally posted by grumpytrousers
    Depends on where you're coming from? :D

you say 'into' Limerick with the implication that you're not far from it...in which case, you've probably wasted journeys on less...

Well about 25miles????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by dudara
    Is Cunninghams the chipper on the hill in Tramore? If that's the case, then's it's brilliant.

Yeah that's the one. Not one of those soggy, down by the promenade places with the plastic cartons. Different league altogether.

On an aside note, Dublin's not doing so well here - generally I think 99% of chippers will give you a good enough bag of chips, its the one or two though that have something special - surely dublin must have a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by Marq
    Oh, and Sayshells in Dublin, just for the battered mars bars...don't knock it 'till you've tried it, and once you've tried it, you'll never go back

mmm...battered mars bar

F**king disgusting. The only thing I've ever had which was more digusting was battered haggis, Or maybe a deep-fried half-pizza supper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

In Dublin it has to be Leo Burdocks, but only the one in Christchurch ... the 1 in Rathmines is rubbish, or at least used to be!!

Outside Dublin, has to be Charlie's in Letterkenny [they won an award you know] ... I think it is closed now though ... damned shame ... used to be the only real reason I liked visiting relatives ... [nyom] Charlies' Chips & Pat's Pizzas Kebab [/nyom] :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Originally posted by Marq
    Oh, and Sayshells in Dublin, just for the battered mars bars...don't knock it 'till you've tried it, and once you've tried it, you'll never go back

mmm...battered mars bar

Surely you mean the Seashell? Can't be beat. Everything is double fried in lard and their battered Mars bars got a full page write up in the Tribune a few weeks back.

Delish!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by aodh_rua
    Surely you mean the Seashell? Can't be beat. Everything is double fried in lard and their battered Mars bars got a full page write up in the Tribune a few weeks back.

Delish!

What's this madness about battered mars bars?????? Gross!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Donkey Fords gets my vote! Haven't been there in years but still remember falling out of the Holy Ground and into Fords for chips. Yummm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by RE*AC*TOR
    Yeah that's the one. Not one of those soggy, down by the promenade places with the plastic cartons. Different league altogether.

Tonys is giving Cunninghams a run for their money at the moment.. but I dont rate
    their burgers at all.. they do a savage doner or chicken kebab tho..

Same guys who own the Tony's in Waterford beside the forum..

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Is the seashell the place where they did an easter special of battered cream egg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Mullin's in Drogheda/Dundalk. Mummm! Nice Chicken burgers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

. The only thing I've ever had which was more digusting was battered haggis,

battered Haggis is food of the gods. FACT. A feed of that and chips afore a night on the sauce and you're sorted.

Originally posted by grumpytrousers
    battered Haggis is food of the gods. FACT. A feed of that and chips afore a night on the sauce and you're sorted.

Yeah cause you'll be so sick from the haggis that you won't remember being sick from drink!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Lennox in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Originally posted by ding

Yes, Mullens indeed.

Theres one in Ardee too. Their chips are lovely big slabs of potato, that are neither too soggy nor too crispy. And they do a pretty lovely chicken burger too.

I worked there, 2 years ago.

They are also the cleanest chippers that I have ever seen in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Curry House, Galway city.

Crispy greaseless chips, with your choice of many many sauces.

Teh nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Any Macari or Borza in Dublin can't be beaten (apart from Burdocks with their battered pieces !) Fantastic chips and you can't beat them for cleanliness !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Boy Gorgeous

Lennox's is unreal & always consistent. The chips is Dino's are raw 75% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Looks like Lennox's and KC's leading the way...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

KC's all the way ive never had nicer food then them

Thier cheese burgers are unreal and those vampires hmmmmm....

might make a trip down there tonight :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Originally posted by ravenhead
    What's this madness about battered mars bars?????? Gross!!

Prime example of someone who's never had a battered mars bar. trust me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Bram Ladage in holland, best chips i've had to date!

If you ever in Rotterdam and come across one of their chip shops, dont hesitate and get some chips!!!
    I'm sure they have them in Amsterdam to for those that don't venture into Rotterdam.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ballybricken take away waterford yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by ding

Agreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i like mcdonalds frys :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Chernobyl Joe outside the Royal George in Limerick every Thursday / Friday night.If you can remember that you didnt throw up, its guaranteed you got good food.

Donkey Fords chips are inedible. Nothing beats their battered sausages though. I used to have DFs battered sausages for lunch almost every day for about a year when I worked nearby.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

1 My grannys home made best in ireland!!
    2. Cassoni's Bray
    3. Pineto Classico Greystones
    4. Henry & Roses Bray:D
    5. KFC fries in Bray

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mollys Takeaway in Sligo. Can't beat it on value and lovely chips! NYOM!:)

Also nice is Donegals Famous Chipper in Donegal Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I'll be hitting KFC in Blanch rather shortly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 O

mmmmmm

curry chip from jumbo chinese in stillorgan

yum yums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Not that we had too much time on our hands or anything but a while back, we did a survey on Phantom to get people to nominate their favourite chippers in Dublin. Heres a sample (in no particular order).

Leo Burdocks - Christchurch and not Rathmines
    Borza - Sandymount Village
    Cafe Caira (pardon the spelling) - Howth Village
    Henry and Rose - Bray
    Liberos - Deansgrange
    Silvios - Templeogue
    Cinellis - Parnell Squre

Personal favourites of mine are Borzas, Cinellis and Apriles in Stillorgan. Delicious!

Glad I could contribute to this debate.

Hungry now.

Pete

Advertisement