Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chips In Ireland?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

With regard to the Chippers in Limericfk

Luigi's is a bit of a rip off. Go to the oconnell Grill accross the road from Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre.

Both Donkey Fords and the Lobster pot used to be good value for money. Donkeys is gone to the dogs of late and the Lobster pot ou need to get a second morgage for a chip and two battered sossages which taste like ****e

O connell grill gives better large chips too than luigi's Luigis burgers are disgusting.

Actualley what I do miss out of chippers is Crew Beans. nyom nyom some people would probably know them as pigs toes.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

palm beech in ballybrack,
    or borza's in deansgrange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Originally posted by Raz
    Is the seashell the place where they did an easter special of battered cream egg?

Yep - they do them every year. In fact, I heard that they'll batter and deep fry anything for 20c.

(Have to admit - I live up the street for a few years and I never felt brave enough to try the mars bars)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved to food/drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Lennox's in Cork is like mana from the gods. So darn nice!

KC's may not have the best chips but their burgers are yummilicious.
    Dinos is os-os, has nice chicken but as already stated the chips are either not cooked well enough or are soggy.
    If you feel like dieing happy I suggest Matty Kiely's. The food won't kill you but the grease will. Quite amazing chips none the less though.
    All the above are in Cork, no where else comes close to our culinary skills :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Libero's in Deansgrange has always been excellent, but my personal favourite is Fusciardi's in Marlborough Street. Great chips, crisp outside and never greasy and the best southern fried chicken in Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

mmmmm chips so hungary ahahahahaahhaah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I would have to say C.Aprilles in Stillorgan and Borza in Sandymount or Donnybrook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    I would have to say C.Aprilles in Stillorgan
    Originally posted by O

curry chip from jumbo chinese in stillorgan

Both of the above get my vote. Jumbo's curry sauce is the biz.

Cal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Jackie Lennox's, Bandon Road, Cork.

But then I would say that.

Also, Vleminicxks in Amsterdam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Lennox's on the Bandon Road in Cork ALL THE WAY.. Chips & Carton of their YUMMY curry... ''''DREAMIN'''''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Originally posted by dudara
    I always thought that Maccari's in Harold's Cross was kinda nice.

You have to be joking??? I work just up from maccari's and it is the worst chipper going! Every day the chips are reheated, you would be lucky to get a fresh bag once a week.

Best chipper in dublin, Leo Burdocks - Christchurch, cant be beaten

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Metallicababe

Jaysus got chips in donkey fords the other nite............they tasted like eating paper.....Luigis all the way!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

So where is this seashell you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Originally posted by NoelRock
    So where is this seashell you speak of?

It's on the corner of Lombard St East and Townsend St. If you're outside Pearse Dart station - walk towards the river. When you get to the second set of traffic lights (at the Windjammer) go left and its just there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by Sleepy
    McDonagh's in Galway. They even have a framed document from the Russian Navy declaring them to be "the finest purveyors of seafood on the atlantic" which I'd imagine is high praise indeed.

ya a large plate of those babies would fill you for a week, I need to go back there and get fed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Where can i get a deep fried mars bar in dublin please. Directions like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Sarge wrote:
    Where can i get a deep fried mars bar in dublin please. Directions like :D
    Seashells on townesend st. From westmoreland st turn right onto fleet street. Proceed straight through the next three sets of lights. Its on your right immediately before the fourth set of lights.

Advertisement