Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CavanCombat - Custom Maps

Options
  • 01-07-2004 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Cavan Combat is now running the custom maps ( as in pack 1.0)

I've picked two more maps which will be included on monday.

u can get these in the usual places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

thats very cryptic Rev, some people, like me, might not know what the hell maps your taking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

What do u expect from the RPG mod !

First you must seek the fire mountain, there you must battle lucutus the fire troll for the right to enter then mystic river of harmony before your quest takes you to the ...

...to the what? God no dont die on me Rev I need that magic sword if we are ever to purge vietnam of darkness!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    Cavan Combat is now running the custom maps ( as in pack 1.0)

I've picked two more maps which will be included on monday.

u can get these in the usual places.

And where are the usual places???Everywhere Ive tried I keep either having to register or the links are broken.

Any chance of a few "working" links to the maps?
    Richie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If sombody points me to copies (preferably one big zip file) ill do high bandwith (30mbits+) HTTP mirrors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.darkkeep.com/files/CavanCombat_Mappack_1.1.zip

6 map pack

other 2 are well umm where are they rev?

kdjac

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ah fair play to you.
    So where do I unzip them to again?
    Thanks
    Richie

You are in a large dank cavern
    You see :
    A Large metal chest
    A small wooden chest

> examine Large metal chest

The metal chest looks back at you. A tag on the chests handle reads 'Complete map pack'

> examine Small wooden chest

It appears to be a simple wooden chest. Written on the chest door is 'Update from 1.0 to 1.1 map pack'

> examine map pack

You see no 'map pack'

> get map pack

you see no 'map pack'

> north

You leave the cavern, before you is a simple wooden bridge. A tba'nug stands before you, waving a wooden sword in threatening manner.

>

LOL

great post Hellrazer its an exe it installs the maps .

kdjac

• Advertisement

Originally posted by KdjaC
    LOL

great post Hellrazer its an exe it installs the maps .

kdjac

Actually its a zip file!!!!!
    :)

So I assumed it was unzipped into the Vietnam folder somewhere.

I await your retraction of the LOL please;) ;)

LOL was for revs pot :)

kdjac

Thought you were laughing at my utter stupidity of apparently not knowing an exe for a zip file.

Was an excellent post Rev BTW.

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    A tba'nug stands before you

A WHAT?

is this some kind of jibe at me?:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thanks rev

Vietnam wont run when I load the map pack.Its the lost village thats causing the problem.If I remove it,t will run so maybe its corrupted??

What size should the map file be?When I d/l here its only 4.6mb yet if I download the file from fileplanet its 19.7mb.Is it the same map?BTW all the other maps seem to be working fine.
    Thanks

Richie.

4.767mb

for me

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Those maps are lag city for me even with a 9800pro it stutters along worse than data on a date

Is it working for you Kdjac?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

yeah, BFV won't load when I have those maps in for me either. will try now with all but lost village :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya mine wont run either

works with out lost village

Can we get lost village out of the rotation??Seems to be a problem since Ive d/l the map on its own and its still not running.Will definately run without lost village in the levels folder.
    Richie

The lost village isnt in rotation, only maps from 1.0 are.

I've removed the file from the packs so sry for any trouble it caused.

Advertisement