Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortage advice

Options
  • 01-07-2004 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking at houses at the moment to purchase between myself and the 'moth'.

Are there any up to date sites that explain mortgages in the simplest terms as I am not well up on stuff like, APR, Nominal rate and stamp duty.

I checked the charter but it's more about renting.

And I looked for sites but it's all business banking managerial jargon.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Myhomes.ie has a lot of information there as does the AIB website. Most banks probably will too. Best thing to do is call your local morgage advisor for an apointment and they will be more than happy to explain everything.
    come to think of it oasis.gov.ie should have loads of info there too.
    Oh and what programs like location, location, location you learn loads from them!

Adrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

look on askaboutmoney.com . It is an irish consumer site which has lots of info about financial topics of all sorts.

Note that your local mortgage advisor earns his living from commission, as does your local bank branch manager. They may not always point out the best deals to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you'll find exactly what you're looking for at www.moving.ie (I did).

good luck with the house hunting. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement