Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishRail in bargain shock

• 01-07-2004 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Prices for day return off peak travel tickets have been slashed since monday. From dundalk for example, you can travel between 9am -4pm, and any time after 7 for 8 euro day return. This is reduced from 18 euro. From dublin afaik to anywhere in the country from the same times a day return is 12 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

It's worth mentioning LUAS is free until Monday aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,983 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They also mentioned at some point in the paper last week that a Day Return from Sligo to Dublin is E10 and to check the IrishRail website for details but i can't find anything about it on there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I saw a notice a few days ago about this.
    There is a special offer until the end of July. Day returns off peak to anywhere are €10 (possibly €12, can't remember) off peak means no weekends and certain weekday trains aren't included.

The website does not have any info, try ringing them on 1850 366222.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by L5
    Prices for day return off peak travel tickets have been slashed since monday. From dundalk for example, you can travel between 9am -4pm, and any time after 7 for 8 euro day return. This is reduced from 18 euro. From dublin afaik to anywhere in the country from the same times a day return is 12 euro.

I'm 99% certain this is just for the BUS not the TRAIN. There are posters up in Drogheda station at the ticket booths advertising Drogheda>Dublin bus tickets €8 day return, only applies 9am-4pm and after 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

No, i work in irish rail, and we've been selling them. Its 100% definite, we even got notices sent around to remind us what days theyre valid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

SO let me check if I'm right here,

sameday weekday returns from Dublin to anywhere are E12 at the moment. This is Mon-Thurs I presume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Originally posted by dudara
    SO let me check if I'm right here,

sameday weekday returns from Dublin to anywhere are E12 at the moment. This is Mon-Thurs I presume

Yes, either 12, or 10 Im not sure which. Yes, mon-thurs ,for travel between 9-4 and after 7.

Advertisement