Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It is of interest and this isn't really the right forum. I'm not sure whether to send it to Music/Radio or not so I'll drop it into Home Entertainment and see how it pans out there.

As for the Irish government's stratedy, while I'm tempted to say "Hah!", I'll leave the answer for someone who actually knows whether we have one or not.

Interesting article Scottish. I've not been following the growing success of DAB lately so it's nice to see that they've passed the half million sales mark in the UK.

[edit: Actually, let's see how it does in Music/Radio. It's not normally the kind of thing that takes off over there but at least it'll get some feedback from the intended market. Home Entertainment's mostly all tech talk]

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

I thought it was an interesting article myslef, but was unsure of what forum to drop it into. On the face of it, I agree music or home entertainment. But when they start talking about it being a competitor to 3G, the ability to read web pages etc. then it opens up another dimension.

Could some form of convergence (hate that term) actually be around the corner with this stuff? If so, is Ireland missing a trick here?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by Scottish
    If so, is Ireland missing a trick here?

Ireland's always missing a trick. DAB will get here eventually, so will digital terrestrial TV. You've only got to look at the broadband situation in Ireland to realise we're 3 or 4 years behind the UK in everything technology-related...

At least I hope DAB gets here eventually, I've got a Psion Wavefinder and a £500 hifi tuner sitting in a box in the attic waiting for the day when I can use them again.

Advertisement