Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awww F*** IT!!!

• 01-07-2004 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I just failed my fricken final year. Damn it! Now I have to go back to that stupid university next year. God damn it! At least I passed my project and won't have to do that again though.
    Why the hell did they make engineering hard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

That sucks! Do you have to repeat all the subjects or just ones ya failed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by Raz
    I just failed my fricken final year. Damn it! Now I have to go back to that stupid university next year. God damn it! At least I passed my project and won't have to do that again though.
    Why the hell did they make engineering hard?

So when you graduate you can feel superior to the two-subject honours graduate who's serving your burger in McDonalds

Not to worry. You'll get there. There are worse things than another year in college...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    There are worse things than another year in college...

Yeah, like reality.... and goddamn taxes.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Cheers guys.
    I believe I have to repeat the year but I'm not sure whether I have to repeat those subjects I passed or not. I'm pretty sure I don't have to repeat the project.

Now I have to work to pay fees next year. Doubly crap!
    Well right now I'm off to drown my sorrows. As my friend just said, "Alcohol! The cause and solution to all of lifes problems!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Originally posted by Raz
    As my friend just said, "Alcohol! The cause and solution to all of lifes problems!"

Wow, Homer Simpson is your friend!!! I'm impressed!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

You should have worked harder all year long and then youd feel less guilty about cheating :D

Kidding. Sorry to hear that man. Doing electronic engineering myself. Tough fuking course. Id say almost all engineering is (except mechanical, civil, software, aeronautical, marine and structural engineering which are all really really easy :P j/k)

I have aquiantances in some unusual places!

I'm not talking about that kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

I failed my final year also (3 years ago)

didnt get to repeat it - just got a pass degree (which I wouldve got if I had've dropped out after 3rd year). A whole year down the proverbial swanny.

I'd fecking love another year in college now though. (preferably second year though - final year is tough).

could be worse I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Raz
    Cheers guys.
    I believe I have to repeat the year but I'm not sure whether I have to repeat those subjects I passed or not. I'm pretty sure I don't have to repeat the project.

What uni was this? Aren't all degrees modular now, so you'd probably only have to repeat the ones you failed.

Originally posted by Paladin
    Doing electronic engineering myself.
    That's what I'm doing. Remind me to never help you study!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    What uni was this? Aren't all degrees modular now, so you'd probably only have to repeat the ones you failed.
    DCU. It's modular alright. I'm pretty sure they won't have me repeat those I've passed but you never know.

I'm only gonna get a pass degree out of it now though. Well it could be worse I know. Just wish I was a little more motivated to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Originally posted by Paladin
    You should have worked harder all year long and then youd feel less guilty about cheating :D

Kidding. Sorry to hear that man. Doing electronic engineering myself. Tough fuking course. Id say almost all engineering is (except mechanical, civil, software, aeronautical, marine and structural engineering which are all really really easy :P j/k)

hahahahahahahaha.....

not that us electronic engineers are stuck up or anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do they not give you an opportunity to repeat anything you failed towards the end of the summer?

Originally posted by Stephen
    Do they not give you an opportunity to repeat anything you failed towards the end of the summer?
    Nope. It's back for the next year. Well That's as far as I know. I'll know for sure in the next few days when I get teh results posted to me.

The internet. Making people feel shit sooner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

suck ass.

Where I am we get to do repeats in summer time. Which came in handy, since I failed maths in both first and second years :)

Well we could repeat in 1st 2nd and 3rd year. Just not in final year. I have to confirm that officially though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Raz

I'm only gonna get a pass degree out of it now though. Well it could be worse I know. Just wish I was a little more motivated to work.

It's a little known fact that you can do some open university courses to bring up your degree classification.

Originally posted by eth0_
    It's a little known fact that you can do some open university courses to bring up your degree classification.
    Do you know where I could find more info on this? I have a friend who'd be very interested aswell. She fell 1.5% short of a 2.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

Engineers make the world go round literally
    im a computerscience student - we have a tuff time but not near as bad as you guys

to get thru that degree is a huge pat on the back man
    ya have next year,it aint so bad - dont be in such a rush to leave college

best of luck

Advertisement