Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Money For Oxegen Quick!!!

Options
  • 01-07-2004 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy all, just need some adive on what I can do to get money for oxegen. I was thinking that possibly I could get a quick loan from aib for a measly €200 cause i'm expecting 400€ in backtaxes in 4 weeks. However, I get this shoddy feeling that it takes weeks to get a loan sorted out.

Is there any other way? i.e. getting an overdraft?

I'm sure ringing AIB is the first step but I'm sure this is all common knowledge amongst you boardsies of the world. I checked the aib site btw and it's so gay. Tips for broke students:

"top tip: some supermarket loyalty cards have relationships with petrol stations, so if you’ve got a car, a) how did you swing that? and b) you could save money on petrol."

my eyes...they are rolling.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

moved to Business/Finance
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I know BOI dish out the loans handy enough. For the amount of cash you're talking about all you really need is a temporary overdraft facility. Usually that can just be sorted by ringing up the telephone banking number and asking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

If you're over 18 then get a credit card.

They're throwing them at people these days.

But be aware, you'll be charged a very high interest rate from day 1 on cash taken out on it.

Otherwise I'd say this is a basic lesson in economics for you - if you can't afford it then don't buy it.

...or you could sell a kidney on E-bay.

Advertisement