Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ravey Davey @Radisson Galway

• 01-07-2004 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

right folks, any1 goin? i reckon its gonna be a great gig. people talkin bout going that dont normally go to these things. gonna be a wild nite i hope

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, looking forward to this one. got my tickets for it last weekend:)

wowowowowowowow

2 cans down the hatch and i'm raring to go:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Dave's set tonight is an Electro one, last night he played in the metro in dublin and started his set with a joy division song, and continued to play electro-style tunes all night. Its ment to be amazing but i can just imagine the entire place being very confused and annoyed when he's not stomping out techno.......

Just a warning

sean

nah, it was techno all the way... one or 2 elctro tunes i think (myself and a mate were doing the robot:confused: )
    i was too drunk to enjoy it tbh, i should've taken some class a's or not drank as much.

I Stand corrected, I also heard it was a fairly good night, was it full?

What was the set up like?

Was security heavy? (search's?)

Sean

• Advertisement

never been to the radisson before, so i can't really compare the set up to any other nights that they've had, or how packed it was in comparison to their other nights... i'd say it was close to full capacity. any more people and it would've been too packed.
    one wall was covered in projector screens, made myself look like a right nerd by knowing the name of the game they were showing when we came in (intro to zero wing:D )
    fairly standard club setup apart from that.
    security was the strictest i've ever seen, everybody got patted down on the way in:confused:
    ****ing pissed off that i got so locked now, i can barely remember 5 minutes of the night

heh, myself and 2 mates gatecrashed our neighbours party afterwards... i've never seen so many scangers packed into 1 room:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah I was there for Fergie a few weeks ago.

Security was right bollox but the search was pretty lame.

Raging I missed Dave, I thought it was next week. Do they have anything else lined up?

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

i thought it was a bad nite tbh.....the security was fierce...everyone did get searched, and one of the lads i went with didnt get in and had some stuff taken off him, at least he wasnt held for the guards.....i saw at least 4 people gettin hauled into this little room and when i had a little look in there, there was about 3 guys watchin these CCTV. then outside about 3 bouncers were just holdin people for the cops....very scary....

i think it was a bad nite cos it cost €23.50, and Dave never really got into it...
    i felt like he didnt care at all...about the music or the crowd. He played for 2 hours max...not a minute more....soud system in there isnt great at all...twas brutal for Alan Simms...the place wasnt as full of skangers as if the place was in Limerick or Dublin, but there was the fair share of them there...i really think the days of DJ worshiping are gone....forkin out for that **** on friday nite. would have liked an electro set.does anyone know how much he would get for that excuse for a set?

i was in the GPO for a tenner on saturday until half 3 listenin to quality tunes from dj's who actually care and were really lovin it...played some tunes i really would never expect to hear in a club. there was a better crowd and savage women. Now I know were all sick of the venue, but on a good nite the place is class....(except for the rank smell) then u go down to the drum and theres quality hip-hop and scratchin goin on...the street outside was gas after i went to a mad party then....think ill keep my 23.50 the next time

I wonder how the venue in dublin only charged €12 for Mr Clarke and we had to pay €23? and we had a much larger capacity?

Rip off.

Sean

Advertisement