Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Davids - Where is he heading?

• 01-07-2004 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

from skysports.com

Edgar Davids has confirmed that Tottenham have tabled an attractive offer for his services.

The Holland international said after his country's Euro 2004 semi-final defeat to Portugal that he would announce his destination in the next four days.

Although Internazionale are still considered favourites to sign the midfielder, rumours have been rife for the past 48 hours than a serious financial proposition has been forthcoming from The Premiership.

Davids has now admitted Spurs are one of the teams involved in the chase after Barcelona withdrew their attempt to sign him, following a successful loan stint at Camp Nou.

"I have had two offers from England that I like a lot," said the 31-year-old. "But I especially like the one from Tottenham."

The former Juventus star is much admired by Spurs' new director of football Frank Arnesen.

apparently he will make his decision in the next four days.. looks like he has recieved 2 prem offers and one from inter

the other prem side is rumoured to be newcastle

Where is Davids off to? 13 votes

Spurs
    0% 0 votes
    Inter
    76% 10 votes
    Newcastle
    15% 2 votes
    Other Specify!
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

does he still suffer with glucoma ? i mean does it affect his playing still ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

he going to Barca just wants lots of cash hence not signing for them yet.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Apparently Liverpool are the other team in for him.

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Davids had a screaming match with Rosell (Barcelona's Sporting Vice-President) during a phone call on Monday night. Rosell told Davids that he had been told by a third party that Davids was stringing Barcelona along and that the player would be in the Premier League next season with either Man Utd or Tottenham.

Ferguson contacted Queiroz towards the end of last season to get his opinion on Davids. Man Utd offered him a contract which was more than twice what he was offered by Barcelona, the offer was withdrawn when they realised their mistake.

My money is on him joining Man Utd if an offer is still on the table. Spurs have offered Luis Enrique a one year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i won't believe anything the papers say until something is confirmed by either the player or the club...

but it does smell fishy that he is touting the offer from spurs to the press in the hope to hold some club to ransome...

cmon davids be a lillywhite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by sikes
    but it does smell fishy that he is touting the offer from spurs to the press in the hope to hold some club to ransome...
    That's exactly what he is doing - He wants European football which isn't going to happen at Spurs. He told Rosell that he will make his decision by next Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Originally posted by sikes
    i won't believe anything the papers say until something is confirmed by either the player or the club...

cmon davids be a lillywhite

I didn't know kildare had put an offer in for him. Sorry couldn't resist. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

does he still suffer with glucoma ? i mean does it affect his playing still ?
    Yer but he wears those special glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I think he would be more suited with Newcastle and would be a nice buy for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Davids has to be one of the most over-rated players of his generation (even more so than Beckham). I'll pity any team thats stupid enough to fork out hard cash for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Chelsea are reported to have pulled off a shock swoop for Dutch international midfielder Edgar Davids.
    Italian television station Telelombardia claim that the 31-year-old has agreed a two-year deal with the West Londoners.

The news comes as a surprise given that Chelsea, despite seemingly being linked with nearly every top player in Europe this summer, were not among the candidates thought to be vying for the combative midfielder.

Davids, who is available on a free transfer after leaving Juventus this summer, spent the second half of last season on loan at Barcelona.

He had originally been expected to sign a permanent deal with the Catalans, but opted to delay making a decision until after Euro 2004 after interest from England emerged.

Tottenham and Liverpool were thought to be leading the chase for the former Ajax ace, and Arsenal had also been mentioned in connection with his signature.

However, Chelsea - backed by the billions of Roman Abramovich - now appear to have beaten all of them to the punch and lured Davids to Stamford Bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Good Stuff we are going to have Some reserve team next year

maybe he is not off to chelsea

chelsea

spurs still have some chance maybe...

also davids is a class act...the most influential player for holland and when he went to barca he single handedly turned their season around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

In the right mood Davids can be an asset, when not he is a libaility liable to sulk and get sent off stupidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yes seems it was another Roberto Carlos fabrication, Davids was brilliant 5-6 years ago still a couple of years left in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Looks like he might be going to Inter now.

INTER FAVOURITES FOR DAVIDS

Remind any one of Rivadlo's attempt to hawk himself around various clubs???

he seems to be using spurs to whore himself to other clubs...all would be forgiven if he turns up at the press conference tomorrow at whl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Got to love a man with a sense of humouir

Advertisement