Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Cooling VGA Scilencer

Options
  • 01-07-2004 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I recenetly bought an Arctic Cooling VGA Scilencer Rev3. from peats and I'm having a little problem.

You see I have a Sapphire ATi Radeon 9600 256MB. This is doing me grand but I was thinking of over clocking it. But the problem is that the board doesn't have a power connector for a fan.

I was wondering is it possible to connect the fan to another connection using some sort of adapter?? My Motherboard is ASUS A7n8x

Any thoughts?
    Cheers

Murph.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Check your PSU connectors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What kind of connection is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Does it need a molex or a 3pin connection? There's two 3 pin connections on the A7N8X - one above the agp slot and one next to the cpu

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That arctic silencer's fan has a 2-pin connector that should connect to any of the supported cards. It plugged straight into the fan connector used by the stock ATI fan on my 9800 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

His 9600 was prob passivly cooled, so no fan connector.

The artic cooler has a little 2pin connector so no PSU / Motherboard will have it.

Its pretty hard to call TBH, you could snip the wires and join up to a regular fan connector, im not sure but it should be the same voltages etc. Not a great choice for a 9600 , it makes things awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 eoinmurphy

yeah it is passivly cooled.

I was thinking of trying to cut the wires but I wasn't sure about the voltages, but theres no harm in trying.

If it breaks I can always bring it back. ; )

Cheers
    murph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 eoinmurphy

Yeah I snipped the wires and patched it up into a regular 3 pin connector. Worked like a dream.

My only hope is that the voltages are the same and that it doesn't decided to blow itself up at some stage in the future.

Otherwise

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Voltages are the same (12v) , not sure about current but i think it should be fine.

Good to hear you got it working anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

ups

Advertisement